Oak Ridge, TN

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck in TN, I have drilled a few gas wells in that area and there should be plenty of places for you to hunt while there.

OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett powermaster GTA1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Gummit, didn't have a chance to slow Down and have a swing. Got alot done today, but as far as going again, VERY likely. I live like 30 minutes from there. Anyone know of any good places in oak ridge? I saw a couple parks, not too old, and a football field. There's a few decent looking places, but not too sure of the history other than the huge waves of people that helped to build the bomb for Hiroshima. But really haven't looked into any history as of yet.

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Clinton over thanksgiving week, got to hunt in Oak Ridge for 3 hours snagging 4 mercs and a Rosie. I'll be visiting again for thanksgiving if you're around give me a hollar I will do some research before I come out. I want to hunt some of those mountains out there ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure thing, I've been dying for a partner.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oak Ridge,hmmm.that's about as close to ground zero as you can get. GodBless Chris

OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah i just need to get on a roll with the research. But I'm going to do some research on my area first.

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start with the neighbors, ask to do their yards. Most properties date back to 20s-30s. It just sucks digging down there the dirt is actually hard clay.

image-3819326174.jpg

image-2429422949.jpg

image-1950192910.jpg

image-989631217.jpg

My mini shovel got a work out thought it was gonna crack lol!

Attachments

• image-1545706337.jpg
    image-1545706337.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 255
OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah the clay down here is pretty terrible. I,ve actually had some pretty good luck using a little cheap plastic shovel i bought at walmart for .89 cents. its really durable. as soon as i get a chance i'm going to get back to walmart and get a folding tactical shovel. 9.96! then as i save up, ill try to get a lesche digger. id really like one, but i dig plugs just fine now. the lesche, to me, kind of just seems to me like a status thing. but i'd still like to have one, at least to give it a shot.

And when it comes to asking neighbors, I get kind of nervous, because i dont have many "friendly" or social neighbors. do you guys have any pointers on how to approach people? because i am a very good people person and outgoing. if anyone has any kind of tips on things like that it would be greatly appreciated

I have really just been looking in parks and on the mountain. but id like to make some really neat finds, and as of late, havent found anything like that. just a bunch of (what someone on another thread declared it as) TRACHE. Trash Crappe.

-Metalman

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tactical folding shovels suck, they will break or bend really fast unless you get a military grade issue. Get yourself a trunk buddy mini spade shovel from Menards they cost about 6-8$ and have a lifetime warranty. I went through 12 shovels last year but I also did allot of hunting, 424 total silvers :)

As for the neighbors people down south are super nice unlike people up north where I'm from. Just introduce yourself and tell them you're looking for old buttons, bullets etc. and if they would mind you scanning their yard. Or offer a split on the finds. Also be as neat as possible while digging, I cut a square on 3 sides leaving the 4th side attached then flip the plug.

There was a CW skirmish in that area also, I'm trying to narrow the location down, my uncle in-law has a bit of info on it. As for local parks I did 3
And the firs two a complete bust, so clean not even can slaw lol. My uncle said that there's at least 3 mders that he knows of and him being a fourth. Small towns with small parks = hunted out really fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah thats why i get nervous because I'm from NJ originally. And if you don't mind id love any info you could spare on the skirmish!

OP
OP
metalman89

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah thats why i get nervous because I'm from NJ originally. And if you don't mind id love any info you could spare on the skirmish!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions