genetics G2

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi ballzy
I think you mean Teknetics G2...yes i used one all last season.
They run smooth almost no learning curve,great relic machine,fair on coins,hits good and deep on Gold jewelry,will find every bit of small tiny metal in the ground,works very well in the iron picking good targets almost NO EMI....big meter,great sound...no sound control,so get some good headphones.No Icons just #s and if you learn the numbers it will help.Ground phase readout,very easy to ground balance both auto and manual,maybe 5 seconds to do.
The G2 is not a depth demon in Disc. but i got clad dimes at 5-6 " In all Metal it is deep, id numbers in all metal too.
I traded mine 1/6/13 for an Omega to gain more depth
Gary

OP
OP
B

ballzy1978

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2013
Hi Gary your right I did mean teknetics it's this predictive txt and trays a great bit ov info is the omega better then the G2 it's a little bit cheaper aswell so I'll have to have a look at both cheers

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ballzy
The First Texas Coils are very hot G2 comes stock with 11"DD
The Omega comes stock with 10" con.coil.... or super stock with the 11"DD coil=more money
Them DD coils love the steel bottle caps(all companys DD coils love those pesky tops) but cover more area then con.coil ,the con,coil kicks out the caps better,so it all depends where your hunt.
The G2 with the 19 kHz liked a lot of metals of lower conductible, and IMO did not do then good on the higher conductible all depends where you hunt.
ya read about the Omega.....if your looking for gold nuggets, prospecting go with the G2 in the city park the 11" coil will be to big, so i would look into a smaller coil for the collocated targets that will be all over the park....the Omega is just more all around hunter for my needs....you will have to determine your hunting needs and go from there....these TEK machine are hot ....the right coil for the job is the way.
Gary

OP
OP
B

ballzy1978

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2013
Hi Gary it'll be mainly ploughed fields and grass fields I'll be hunting on for the likes ov Roman as there is a couple ov settlements near by and a big wall that they built cheers

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DD coil all the way the 11"DD in the woods and field.... and 5"DD in the settlements i think i would look at the Omega a little deeper.
Both machines should have 2 coils deals where you are...the G2 has only numbers in the screen,i think its is more for international sales.
We don`t have hammered coins here much... so it don`t know what to tell you about them.
Gary

OP
OP
B

ballzy1978

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2013
That's great appreciate the help poll have a look at both and let you know how I got on thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread