jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what model is the Garrett? I would like one but they are a little pricey for me.

pro-pointer & yes they ain't cheap, but like I said half the price of a sun-ray

pro-pointer_1.jpg

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the propointer by Garrett, but whites is about to release two new waterproof models with proximity alert like the propointer. That is the biggest difference that sets the Garrett apart from the rest of the hand held pointers ( proximity alert) IMHO.

a day without pull tabs is like a day without sunshine.
That's the only reason I'm interested in the Garrett. I'll wait and see what White's prices are though.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does everyone think the show is going to do to the hobby? Jack the prices up? Surely, it will become more popular with it...

No, we fear the shows will bring an influx of people who are only in it to get rich and have no concern for refilling holes, removing trash, or even asking permission on private property. It's people like that who will kill the hobby.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
No, we fear the shows will bring an influx of people who are only in it to get rich and have no concern for refilling holes, removing trash, or even asking permission on private property. It's people like that who will kill the hobby.

I don't think that diggers will bring much people that are looking for easy money because fortunately they don't show them getting a lot of $$$ out of their finds. It's not like American Diggers that they make thousands of $$$ in a week end.... ( I just wonder if there is someone out there that actually believes that).

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't think that diggers will bring much people that are looking for easy money because fortunately they don't show them getting a lot of $$$ out of their finds. It's not like American Diggers that they make thousands of $$$ in a week end.... ( I just wonder if there is someone out there that actually believes that).

the world is made up of all kinds.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the sites on the show
gets a bunch of requests now from other hunters who rightly so or not,
believe the owners are open to hunters, and may get disgusted answering phones & doors
to say No.

I also wouldn't put it past a Night Hawk or Moron to help them self :laughing7:

if it happens, I just hope it all stays unknown to the general public 8-)
& no arrests or police reports

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's everyone think of that show diggers, is it like American diggers or better, I've just caught the last of it

I hate this show,.. All about the money..he actually threw "the big guy" his metal detector to rhe vrou.d. No respect for his equipment or the hobby all money..big a€$*+hole..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate this show,.. All about the money..he actually threw "the big guy" his metal detector to rhe vrou.d. No respect for his equipment or the hobby all money..big a€$*+hole..

took me a little time to decode ,
I take it your saying the Rastler Threw his Detector onto the ground ?

Why doesn't this surprise me :( I'm glad I stopped watching that trash

which ever manufacturer is supplying them should stop

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show. The last two, at the McCoy house, and Blair mountain, show them working closely with archeologists to uncover historical facts that add to our heritage. That is the most positive thing that can come out of metal detecting, IMO. I'm not sure what Wheels is saying, are you referring to the other show? I think that references to this one should be as "NatGeo Diggers", to make it clear which show is being talked about. BYW, how scary was tha Battle of Blair mountain backstory--the government provided machine guns to the anti-miner forces, and the miners had squirrel rifles. Think about it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show. The last two, at the McCoy house, and Blair mountain, show them working closely with archeologists to uncover historical facts that add to our heritage. That is the most positive thing that can come out of metal detecting, IMO. I'm not sure what Wheels is saying, are you referring to the other show? I think that references to this one should be as "NatGeo Diggers", to make it clear which show is being talked about. BYW, how scary was tha Battle of Blair mountain backstory--the government provided machine guns to the anti-miner forces, and the miners had squirrel rifles. Think about it.

yea he said "the big guy" threw his detector, I haven't seen the diggers throw anything,
& wouldn't consider either one the big guy so it has to be the rastler

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I don't know I bet that with all the running, jumping, sliding, and yelling king George and the ringmaster have definitely thrown a few detectors on the ground. LOL

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually enjoy watching Diggers. It seems they have a real enjoyment/excitement for the hunt and history. It "appears" they value the historical significance of their finds over the dollar amount which is rightfully so.

American Digger, or whatever they're calling themselves now a days, is the Jersey Shore of MD'ing TV. Like watching a train wreck.

Jay

Coureur de Bios

Feb 5, 2013
NW Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Digging Deeper said:
I don't know I bet that with all the running, jumping, sliding, and yelling king George and the ringmaster have definitely thrown a few detectors on the ground. LOL

New to this site, been detecting for forty plus years. Don't even know if this is the proper way to post here but, here goes.
Enjoy Diggers while watching the winter snow continue to pile up here. Could use a few less uses of the word "baby" but what the heck, it's the show. Did tell my detecting buddy, if you see me running, hollering, sliding, and/or climbing trees, you have my permission to hit me upside the head with a stick. Lol :)

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
Coureur de Bios said:
New to this site, been detecting for forty plus years. Don't even know if this is the proper way to post here but, here goes.
Enjoy Diggers while watching the winter snow continue to pile up here. Could use a few less uses of the word "baby" but what the heck, it's the show. Did tell my detecting buddy, if you see me running, hollering, sliding, and/or climbing trees, you have my permission to hit me upside the head with a stick. Lol :)

LOL. I'll have to tell my buddy the same.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have a problem with the running and yelling? They're just trying to burn some extra calories to keep themselves in shape :)

Coureur de Bios

Feb 5, 2013
NW Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
elijahhenry10 said:
You have a problem with the running and yelling? They're just trying to burn some extra calories to keep themselves in shape :)

Nah, if someone else wants to run and yell for recreation, that's their prerogative. At 70 plus years, I personally prefer approaching most activities with stealth and discretion. Do a lot of detecting in wooded areas and can only see any need to yell in that environment if you're lost or looking for Bigfoot. :)))

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I was thinking the same thing. He pulled that .22 feet from a 30-06 casing...scary. That just goes to show that our government had always favored corporate interests over the good and the will of the people. I was surprised to hear that state troopers and policemen fought with the miners. That wouldn't go the same way today.
That is why I like this sport. I have learned so much history about my small state in a short time. And I haven't even had a chance to go detecting yet. I say short because it send like more than a hobby. There is training involved here.

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, folks, look up "Battle of Blair Mountain" in Wikipedia--fascinating story, something we were never taught in school, and so important to our history. The miners were actually bombed by private planes hired by the coal companies, and surveilled by U.S. Army airplanes. About a million rounds of ammo were spent, and stashes of weapons and ammo hidden by the miners have been found ever since. It even mentions the archeological investigations that have been going on recently. The battle was only ended by the intervention of the U.S. Army. Anybody on Treasurenet in West Virginia ever look for/find any relics related to this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread