jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's everyone think of that show diggers, is it like American diggers or better, I've just caught the last of it

Diggers is nothing like American diggers .
it takes a little getting used to but I enjoy Diggers,
and they don't lie and claim $30,000 dollar Historical finds

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's entertaining.. I watch these shows just for that the entertainment and sometimes I learn something which is a bonus.. But I deffinetly think diggers is a better show than American diggers.. Just my opinion.

redstar

Mar 31, 2012
Parkesburg, Pa
Detector(s) used
none, yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It keeps your focus, and you do learn stuff. Love being outside, might be a good hobby for me when I retire.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what they call that white speck on the top of chicken poop? It's still chicken poop! :laughing7:
Just because they are better than A.D. (now savage family) doesn't make it good.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah it looked pretty neat from what I saw, but if nothing else at least you get to see some neat artifacts, but at least they are putting on descent shows like that and not more shows like Jersey shore thank goodness, on a different note anyone been able to get out or has the weather been to bad everywhere

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You see some nice finds, but you have to put up with some gang slang, and crazy childish antics.
The daffodils shoots are starting up, so maybe the ground hog was right. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I watch it, but they Hollywood it a lot. I guess you have too to make it sell. No one would want to watch if they showed all the trash that gets dug to find a few nice targets. I do believe that if most of us had the access that the show opens up for them, we would hit just as many good targets as they do. All in all, I am a fan of the show and want it to keep going on. It would be nice if they would talk more about technique and vdi numbers instead of just hearing the dubbed up audio beeps and hooting/jumping around.

a day without pull tabs is like a day without sunshine.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah I agree, me as a rookie to it I would like to learn a little more techniques

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because of the American Diggers they are actually in the process of changing their format to a degree. And I think we saw that on the latest episode where they found the site of the Hatfield and McCoy skirmish. I personally like their show. I'd like to see more tech talk too, but they enjoy themselves, are genuinely excited over their finds and are good examples to new Diggers like myself.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah it looked pretty neat from what I saw, but if nothing else at least you get to see some neat artifacts, but at least they are putting on descent shows like that and not more shows like Jersey shore thank goodness, on a different note anyone been able to get out or has the weather been to bad everywhere

Now ya done it. Don't ya dare diss Snooki. Buddy, you need to go to youtube and type in "S is for Snooki" and then watch what the cookie monster says...

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't get by the silly nicknames and the over-excitement when they find a wheat penny. And the show may be a positive for the detector manufacturers, namely Garrett, but for guys like me it has closed a few potential good sites because the owner thinks that Blackbeard's treasure is buried there somewhere. Would'nt hurt my feelings if it never aired again .. but good for them I guess. Someone has to make a tidy profit from this hobby once in a while.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah I like to go for fun, and they hunted our two most popular sites here already

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is pure swill. I hate to see the ground torn up with shovels and Lasche's and I have yet to see a plug replaced. It gives newbies wrong ideas.

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Sandman - you took the type right off my fingers! Every plug they have dug is just a slice then pry it up- bust the plug to pieces every time. Dirt all the way around the hole and a mess.

I wish they would take the time just once to show a good V with fold over then a neat clean finish that looks like it was never done.

Everywhere I go here lately I'm finding full size shovel flips and pock marks. And worse- the aluminum can or junk iron still laying right beside the pile on top of the ground. Newbies are about to ruin it for all of us!
PEACE

Digging Deeper

Jan 12, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Ciast
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i D2 & 5.3
Garrett AT Pro stock
Bounty Hunter 505
Cheap UW PI
Whites TRX
Garrett Pro pointer
Vibra-Quatic 2
I like the propointer by Garrett, but whites is about to release two new waterproof models with proximity alert like the propointer. That is the biggest difference that sets the Garrett apart from the rest of the hand held pointers ( proximity alert) IMHO.

a day without pull tabs is like a day without sunshine.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I liked the show. I think it is not even comparable to American Diggers. At least in this show you have a real situation of real metal detectors. Not like in the other show that they find thousands of dollars worth, for stuff that is worth a couple of hundred at the most.
In any case it's a show on metal detecting and it's nice to see it on TV. As for the plugs not done covered, or the trash not shown, well it's still a show, and maybe because they have to cut on the time they edit all those parts that most people aren't interested in seeing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread