Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Diggers

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2012
    2 times

Diggers

What's everyone think of that show diggers, is it like American diggers or better, I've just caught the last of it

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    4607 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell349 View Post
    What's everyone think of that show diggers, is it like American diggers or better, I've just caught the last of it
    Diggers is nothing like American diggers .
    it takes a little getting used to but I enjoy Diggers,
    and they don't lie and claim $30,000 dollar Historical finds
    Chumlysgurl, austin and Sandman like this.

us
    Adventure1

Jan 2013
    North central Pa.
    Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
    523 times
    It's entertaining.. I watch these shows just for that the entertainment and sometimes I learn something which is a bonus.. But I deffinetly think diggers is a better show than American diggers.. Just my opinion.
    God made man.. Sam Colt made them equal

us
    Esther

Mar 2012
    Parkesburg, Pa
    none, yet
    2 times
    It keeps your focus, and you do learn stuff. Love being outside, might be a good hobby for me when I retire.

us
    Oct 2009
    1769 times
    You know what they call that white speck on the top of chicken poop? It's still chicken poop!
    Just because they are better than A.D. (now savage family) doesn't make it good.
    PullTabPete, Sandman and Keppy like this.

May 2012
    2 times
    Yeah it looked pretty neat from what I saw, but if nothing else at least you get to see some neat artifacts, but at least they are putting on descent shows like that and not more shows like Jersey shore thank goodness, on a different note anyone been able to get out or has the weather been to bad everywhere

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    1443 times
    You see some nice finds, but you have to put up with some gang slang, and crazy childish antics.
    The daffodils shoots are starting up, so maybe the ground hog was right. Frank

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profile.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	735964
    Keppy likes this.

Jan 2013
    13 times
    I watch it, but they Hollywood it a lot. I guess you have too to make it sell. No one would want to watch if they showed all the trash that gets dug to find a few nice targets. I do believe that if most of us had the access that the show opens up for them, we would hit just as many good targets as they do. All in all, I am a fan of the show and want it to keep going on. It would be nice if they would talk more about technique and vdi numbers instead of just hearing the dubbed up audio beeps and hooting/jumping around.

a day without pull tabs is like a day without sunshine.

May 2012
    2 times
    Yeah I agree, me as a rookie to it I would like to learn a little more techniques

us
    Jan 2013
    Delaware / SoDel
    Garrett At Pro (for now)
    113 times
    Metal Detecting
    Because of the American Diggers they are actually in the process of changing their format to a degree. And I think we saw that on the latest episode where they found the site of the Hatfield and McCoy skirmish. I personally like their show. I'd like to see more tech talk too, but they enjoy themselves, are genuinely excited over their finds and are good examples to new Diggers like myself.

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1065 times
    Research and occasional field work
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell349 View Post
    Yeah it looked pretty neat from what I saw, but if nothing else at least you get to see some neat artifacts, but at least they are putting on descent shows like that and not more shows like Jersey shore thank goodness, on a different note anyone been able to get out or has the weather been to bad everywhere

Now ya done it. Don't ya dare diss Snooki. Buddy, you need to go to youtube and type in "S is for Snooki" and then watch what the cookie monster says...

us
    Nov 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12. Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    62 times
    I can't get by the silly nicknames and the over-excitement when they find a wheat penny. And the show may be a positive for the detector manufacturers, namely Garrett, but for guys like me it has closed a few potential good sites because the owner thinks that Blackbeard's treasure is buried there somewhere. Would'nt hurt my feelings if it never aired again .. but good for them I guess. Someone has to make a tidy profit from this hobby once in a while.
    Sandman likes this.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MNcoinhunter?feature=mhee

Northern Minnesota

2013 digs : C'mon Spring ! !

May 2012
    2 times
    Yeah I like to go for fun, and they hunted our two most popular sites here already

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1682 times
    I think it is pure swill. I hate to see the ground torn up with shovels and Lasche's and I have yet to see a plug replaced. It gives newbies wrong ideas.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jul 2011
    Louisiana
    White's V3i
    129 times
    Sandman - you took the type right off my fingers! Every plug they have dug is just a slice then pry it up- bust the plug to pieces every time. Dirt all the way around the hole and a mess.

I wish they would take the time just once to show a good V with fold over then a neat clean finish that looks like it was never done.

Everywhere I go here lately I'm finding full size shovel flips and pock marks. And worse- the aluminum can or junk iron still laying right beside the pile on top of the ground. Newbies are about to ruin it for all of us!
    PEACE
    HUNTING... Anyway, anytime, anyhow; Gold, deer, rocks and gems, turkey, arrowheads, fossils, coins, fish, new sunrises, etc, so forth, and so on...

us
    Jan 2012
    South-Western PA
    Fisher F-75 Teknetics Omega 8000 Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    What pinpointer do the guys use? Is it Garrett?

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    4607 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elijahhenry10 View Post
    What pinpointer do the guys use? Is it Garrett?
    yes I use a Garrett these days

The sun Ray probes are good too but twice the price

us
    Jan 2012
    South-Western PA
    Fisher F-75 Teknetics Omega 8000 Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
    45 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    yes I use a Garrett these days

The sun Ray probes are good too but twice the price
    what model is the Garrett? I would like one but they are a little pricey for me.

Jan 2013
    13 times
    I like the propointer by Garrett, but whites is about to release two new waterproof models with proximity alert like the propointer. That is the biggest difference that sets the Garrett apart from the rest of the hand held pointers ( proximity alert) IMHO.

a day without pull tabs is like a day without sunshine.

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    138 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    Well I liked the show. I think it is not even comparable to American Diggers. At least in this show you have a real situation of real metal detectors. Not like in the other show that they find thousands of dollars worth, for stuff that is worth a couple of hundred at the most.
    In any case it's a show on metal detecting and it's nice to see it on TV. As for the plugs not done covered, or the trash not shown, well it's still a show, and maybe because they have to cut on the time they edit all those parts that most people aren't interested in seeing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors