eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, a few years back, my mother-in-law gave father-in-law a MD. I think it's a low end White's. Long story short, shortly after getting it a friend lost an earring while playing volleyball. I offered to find it. Not knowing how to use the detector I had no luck. Well I decided to check out my yard and next door neighbor's as well. 40 some odd cents later I caught "the bug". I have not used it since. Dad passed after a huge battle with cancer and I recently asked to purchase his MD. Mom is currently thinking of a fair price but while she is doing that I have been checking these posts on a daily basis.

I know of a turn of the century cemetery(or earlier) with a large clearing right next to it. It is located in central northern PA and this vast area is very hilly/rocky. I am guessing that because the rest of the area is surrounded by old trees and the clear area is not, that it may be worth my time to check out. The cemetery is roughly 40' or 50' square with one entrance going in. There are no visible headstones. I won't consider working inside the walled area but I feel the rest of the area is game for searching. The land is not posted and could be game land. I will have to check further.

This brings me to my question.

What game plan should I use when checking the area? Keep in mind that the are is extremely rocky just below the surface. I have thought that a grid plan might help avoid going over the same spot twice. Other than that, this will be my first real attempt at checking a known old location.

Any suggestions will be greatly appretiated.

Upvote 0

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
Check it out, i've heard of people doing quite well at them. Lets us know if you find anything.

OP
OP
eathabs

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once the ground thaws I shall............

OP
OP
eathabs

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found out that it is a Whites Classic ID. Any words of wisdom for using it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread