Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the addiction.

What part of the country are you in?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
TH #'s,

welcome to the forum.

Hope we will be seeing some of your finds.

Hope your wife realizes what she has done;) ;D

have a good un...................

OP
OP
T

th41004

Well I am hooked,the rain quit and I got to go. My first dig was a old wrench of some kind. After that a button,a couple of shell casings(16gauge). I then changed places and found a bunch of trash,Then on my last dig Ifound a military button of some sort. It has big US letters witk ky over top of the US and a 53 below them???If you all have any idea on what this is please let me know.Anyway I had a blast. I cant wait to go again,I have so many places in mind. ;D

OP
OP
T

th41004

Here is a pic, it is probably a pretty common find but I was happy to find it on my first day.

Attachments

• Picture 927_edited (Small).jpg
    Picture 927_edited (Small).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 163

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and the forum.

HH,
Sandman

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
WOW :o. Great button find there.I can't say but I'll bet some other person on the form can tell you if it's a button from the war between the states or not.
Where ever you found it will be a great place to keep hunting for a long time and as you get better with you detector you will keep finding more every time out.
One of the most important thing is make sure you overlap your swings with the search coil.
I've walked right behind people that were just swinging away in a hurry to cover more area and finding nothing.But there I would be pulling up coins.
Read your instruction manual over and over learn to adjust your detector and do just what it tells you and you'll love the hobby, or swing away and you will get discouraged and it will set in the closet.
One thing I like to tell newbies is don't start off hunting parks or you will spend most of your time digging trash until you learn your detector.Hunt old farms and yards where there will be less trash.
I've been hunting for around 30 yrs. and I still don't like hunting parks, but don't get me wrong there is lots to be found in them and a lot of the others on the form will tell you there is nothing better.
HH
red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread