Night hunting?

OP
OP
T

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
The best part of having the place to myself is other hunters sleep. One old house was torn down, I checked that out at night. I ended up getting a few Indian Heads (1870,1872,1875) and my first seated dime there. The next day the place was gone over by several detector people. First chance at the gravy is great.

OP
OP
T

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
I've gotten ask this at work too. I look at them at home. Their in the ground I cann't see them in the daytime either.

OP
OP
T

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
To locate when i get it out of the hole, I pick up a hand full of dirt and scan till it's in my hand. It's like they do it on the Tv on outdoor channel. It's really very easy to do.

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
I enjoy hunting at night also. It's especially nice on clear starry nights. The only fear I have is there are a lot of people walking their big dogs without leashes. Most of them stop and bark and then move on. I had one run up and sniff my face when I was digging, that was a tense moment.

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy night hunting as well. My Whites has a backlight, so I know what I am looking for before I dig. I actually find it more exciting not knowing what I have until I get home. I've found some of my nicer finds this way, not realizing what they were until several hours later.

Anthony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions