Newbie from Moreno Valley, Ca

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello. I am in Murrieta, just down the I-15 from you. A good place to get started is at some of the old school, railroad station, or church sites near you that may be sitting empty. Reading a good history of Riverside (as I am doing now) will let you know the location of some of the original parks or water holes. You can look in old newspapers to find out where the circus set up when it came to town, or a local fair. Ask some ofthe old timers who live near you. You are also close to March Air Force Base, which began as March Field in 1914--plenty of people were concentrated in a small area, camped out far beyond the boundaries of today's fenced base. Think of anywhere where there were crowds of people, preferably with money in their hands. Combining research with your detecting will add to the metal detecting experience. Good Luck!

OP
OP
Brian M

Brian M

Greenie
Feb 5, 2013
Moreno Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I spent about three hrs driving around today looking for aboadoned sites and old foundations. I'm sure I will have to make some calls to get permission though. I have been reading alot about the history of the city and I am finding alot of interesting stuff. There were a few youtube videos of people detecting around the old March Base location.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Riverside Treasure Hunters Club. It's been around for about 35 years. Great club! You'll meet many other hunters and learn about many places to hunt. They have monthly meetings and outings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread