EMI / RFI Filter

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, they do not work.

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that's odd, ordered one any way... and I can turn mine up more.....with out any noise....Im glad I got one...lol

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are clip on ferrite beads. We use thousands and thousands of them in our industry.

While they CAN limit RFI into electronics, a single split bead not wrapped, will do basically nothing.

Here is how to properly install a bead
finished.jpg

You also have to pick the appropriate mix for the frequencies you are trying to "filter". Mix 31 is what I use most of the time, but since I cannot figure out what RF they are trying to block, I can't recommend a mix.

If you wanted to make beads help, you would need one wrapped at the end of the cable by the coil and one by the control box. This will choke off stray RF on the cable. I just cant envision a situation where the RF will be so strong as to cause problems.

WM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread