A Tot Lot Encounter

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being that it was nearly 50 degrees here yesterday I hit a tot lot that I had driven by a few times. It was one of those little parks that spring up near new development and I thought it would be a good place to try out my 5.75" coil on my Outlaw. The tot lot was pretty much a bust, about 8 cents in clad. But, a group of three boys decided to pester me a bit.
  • First asking me if I had a smoke. Nope don't smoke.
  • What music am I listening to? No music just the detector's sounds.
  • Ever get beat up and robbed of your 'treasure'? This is when I took off my headphones and smiled at them. Yea one time a group of guys came up and were bugging me, asking a lot of questions, and basically being punks. I couldn't take them all on so I picked the biggest one and knocked his front teeth out with the first punch. (I started laughing) He cried like a baby with all the blood gushing out. His buddies just ran off leaving him there for me to keep beating on. But, I didn't have too, I just helped him find his teeth and sent him on his way. Any other questions guys?

They just shook their heads and trotted off rather quickly. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is funny. I love the guys that carry throw down costume jewelry for the people that claim you found "their" ring.

Skwerly

Jan 24, 2013
Yucaipa, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is funny. I love the guys that carry throw down costume jewelry for the people that claim you found "their" ring.

ack, i had never heard of this. amazing what lazy morons will do to get free stuff.

OP
OP
jfeeney

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't mind the young kids coming up and asking questions. But these guys thought they would give me some crap. I have to admit I did enjoy seeing their faces lose their smirks and maybe even get a bit pale.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread