permission to md on private property.

Sdthunter760

Feb 9, 2013
san diego
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey everybody was on my way home and found an old lot that just recently had a house torn down. i would love to metal detect on this site and since its private property i need to ask permission. does anybody have any words of advice on how to go about it? or a good strategy that might raise my chances of getting a yes? all help would be much appreciated.

p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section

-Sdthunter760

Upvote 0

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there's any houses still around there,ask one of those owners who owns that property that had the house on it.Tell them that you would like to MD and that you like to find old things,etc. Be nice about it.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your lucky the county you live may operate a GIS (Geographic Information System) web site. This web site may or may not be publically accessible. Basically it is a satellite map that includes property lines overlaid on it. The GIS site in my County allows you to click on a particular piece of property and gain access to several different forms of information such as owner name, size of property and even tax information etc. This has been very helpful to me in the past. If you can't find an online GIS you may be able to go to your town, city or county building/zoning dept. and they may be able to help you. You can also check with local real-estate agents they may also be able to help. Good Luck

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you find the owner, tell them that you will haul off any trash you find while you're there.....and then do it. That can make a good impression and maybe open up other areas to hunting. The owner or friends of his might have other good properties to hunt.

OP
OP
S

Sdthunter760

Feb 9, 2013
san diego
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for the advice. The house was built in the early 30's and will be my earliest site to hunt so far. I found the owner and will be stopping by either today or tomorrow to ask for permission ill post on my results soon

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a kid that will hunt with you, take them along when you ask permission.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if there is no signs the house has been tore down no one there.............. Just go hunt....... We have hunted a lot like that.........Just last year they tore about 7 houses down and we went and hunted the lots no one cares.............. Now the ones they tear down and put no trespassing signs up or a fence around we stay away from......

OP
OP
S

Sdthunter760

Feb 9, 2013
san diego
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the owner and got rejected oh well still got the beach and dozens if park to go md at

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread