Confused

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

michinkae

Nov 22, 2004
New York
Detector(s) used
whites DFX and XLT
a dime is a dime, at least you found something. You probably hit a high VDI because of two reasons. 1. you had your sensitivity very high. Or 2. the taget was close to the surface. Remember, a detector isn't just a metal detector, it reads everything that gives off a magnetic signal like minerals. Your detecor is really a mineral detector. Theres nothing wrong with your detector, If you dug up a rusty nail, then your detector is unreliable.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
michinkae said:
a dime is a dime, at least you found something. You probably hit a high VDI because of two reasons. 1. you had your sensitivity very high. Or 2. the taget was close to the surface. Remember, a detector isn't just a metal detector, it reads everything that gives off a magnetic signal like minerals. Your detecor is really a mineral detector. Theres nothing wrong with your detector, If you dug up a rusty nail, then your detector is unreliable.

????????????????????
A modern dime is made of Copper, a very good conducter metal, thats the reason for the very good signal, all dimes will read like this..

OP
OP
S

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok,
I was just curious why it gave off such a nice signal. a dime is a dime though, thats the only good thing i found that day everything else was just junk.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Have you tried a test bed with varying targets to see how the machine reacts at different settings yet? Doesn't have to be buried coins and objects but should represent both good and bad targets. That should help you get to know your machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread