I WANT HALF OF WHAT YOU FIND.

CURIOUS ON HOW YOU RESPOND TO LANDOWNERS WHO GIVE PERMISSION TO SEARCH THEIR LAND BUT WANT 50/50 OF YOUR FINDINGS. FOR EXAMPLE, ALL YOU FOUND ALL DAY WAS A 1917 WHEATIE AND A 1878CC SEATED HALF IN XF SHAPE. DO YOU GIVE THEM THE WHEATIE AND GO HOME OR FORK OUT $700(half the book value) AND KEEP THE HALF DOLLAR? :roll:
ANY OPINIONS, STORIES OR EXAMPLES OF THIS?
DAVE.

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Well Boomer I won't argue with the fact that legal-ese is a part of the American fabric of life, but I much prefer to simply advise them with eyes wide open and a trusting look. After all, I know where they live. And they see the weapons, uhh, tools I bring along.

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
In the town I live, the landowners own the sidewalks and maintain them, but, I do the locating for the city water dept, for diggers hotline, so I locate their lines, then ask to come back later for coins. Has worked every time so far. Never found enough to worry about splittin'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 22

mercuryman

Apr 30, 2003
Lexington, NE
If there is a house for sale, ask the realtor listed. I have hunted several very nice homes, that if someone was in, would probably not let me hunt because of perfect grass, dirt, etc., that way. Have not had one turn me down yet..

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Malak said:
Then what is the benefit to the owner beside
holes in his yard?? If they are nice and don't
care if you keep all great, but come on.

I don't leave holes. I read a nice article in treasure found one time. The artical was how to retrive finds and not make a mess. It stated to take a plastice bag with you and everything you take out of the hole is to be placed on the bag. If you do it right the find should be on the plastic. That way it can't be lost in the grass. When ever you find it you just dump the dirt back in the hole. It's that simple. I also take some grass seed with me if the hole is bad enough I just put some seed down, and everything should be OK. Their isn't any benifit to the owner if they wanted benifit. They should take up the hobby. Like someone said most people think theirs nothing but junk in the yard and think we are waisting our time, so they don't care what we find. I've had owners come up to me and tell me that they see me having some good luck and wish I would leave so they can go get a detector and give it try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread