Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can already, Mwuuuahahhaha

hursst

Feb 13, 2013
Manassas, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's not quite an overlay, but close enough. Google Penn-Pilot and go to the Penn State Penn-Pilot link. They have the entire state of PA mapped from aerial photos from the 30's, 50's, and 70's and today. You can use this to figure out all kinds of things about the past, although the resolution is not ideal.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah, go to Maprika. There is a map builder for the PC, android and iphone. It works great. Sign up is free, no spam, no emails..I like using the pc builder and then uploading to the server.
You can go to a theme park, take a pic of their map, or just download it from the web, then take and overlay it in five minutes to give you a realtime of the park. You'll love it.

MAPRIKA check it out. If you don't like it there is no helping you.

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a PA govt website that has maps dating back to 1914 for my county. It only has school houses and such on it, but there is a map from 1941 with all buildings on it. They are in PDF form. I'll have to try out maprika.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a PA govt website that has maps dating back to 1914 for my county. It only has school houses and such on it, but there is a map from 1941 with all buildings on it. They are in PDF form. I'll have to try out maprika.

You might have to convert it from PDF, just go to file and click snapshot. It will save it as a jpeg. I like Maprika. Has a lot of uses other than detecting. But yeah, it's an awesome app. I can't believe it's free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions