Umhlanga beach front Durban South Africa

DETECTOR GUY

Greenie
Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys, I recently acquired a Fisher 1280 x Aquanaut. I was looking for something that wouldent brake my bank account and i could get in the water with. I have been testing it out on the dry sand beach. It works much better than my previous Garret bfo. I find much more stuff with it. Only problem is when I try and go in the shallow sea water it acts very strange. I see a lot of dark sand and it false all the time even with the controls adjusted. I tried it out at chest deep water and it false all the time can anyone assist me with the right tried and tested settings for surf. One thing this machine can find for sure is lead fishing weights I have found at least 3 kg in three days got so much one day that my back was stiff from carrying it all around. Here's a good one the other day I was M.D. outside the umhlanga rocks hotel and got a very diggable signal and about 6 inch down I found a lighter by the look of it is been all over the sea bed it had a barnical growing on it. Anyway put it in the boot of my car and forgot about it couple of days later noticed it shook out the dry sand and to my total disbelief it fired up its a electric type and I can't believe there's still a spark this lighter was built to last happy hunting

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detector Guy,

Welcome! Your Avitar picture, is that a picture of the area you are in? It is a beautiful picture of a seemingly tranquil place. The lighter working is something that is not to happen often especially pulling it out of an ocean area. Shame the detector is not working well! You might put your post in the Brands area................63bkpkr

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I recently acquired a Fisher 1280 x Aquanaut. Only problem is when I try and go in the shallow sea water it acts very strange. I see a lot of dark sand and it false all the time even with the controls adjusted. I tried it out at chest deep water and it false all the time can anyone assist me with the right tried and tested settings for surf.

Welcome to the site. Congrats on the new machine, I made a lot of nice finds in and out of the water with mine. The only things you can do to stop the falsing is to turn the sensitivity knob down until it stops chattering and go in the water or out of the water, this machine does not like waves crashing across the coil. What number you have to turn the sensitivity down to will be dictated by the intensity of mineralization. I used to check the sensitivity several times during a hunt. Some machines run well when it is cranked up, the 1280X will perform it's best when you keep that chatter in check.
Good Luck,
TDNY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions