whats wrong with the atpro?

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am using a Garrett GTI-1500, which is an upgrade from the AT-Pro, except that the Pro is better in the rain. The 1500 can have the coil under water, but the computer box is not waterproof. The 2500 is an upgrade from the 1500. I am very happy with the 1500. I like the weight and balance. Once I began to understand the GTI feature I became successful in using it. I think the Garretts are very user friendly and easy to learn. I believe the 2500 will find things deeper than the others, if that is an issue for you.

I believe all the machines you list are fine and have nothing bad to say about any of them. I have never used a Whites, but understand them to be a quality detector.

1) The best machine is the one you are comfortable with. It needs to balance in your hands.

2) The best machine is the one you practice with and learn. All these machines find things. Once you learn the machine you will be able to tell the difference between the good things and the not so good things.

Knowing you want it for Coin Shooting helps. However, questions remain. Will you use it on a beach in wet sand? Will you want to use it in the rain? Are objects, such as coins, very deep where you hunt?

Good luck with your choice. Whether you stay with the AT-Pro or move on, Practice, Practice, Practice.

Happy Hunting.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ive got a white's coinmaster pro i like it very much

OP
OP
D

Dan45

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey wild man i dont think thers nothing wrong with the atpro easy to use pic it up find things right a way. I wanted one for water and land but they were costly and went to a 100' to 300' no need for that so i got the atpro. Im happy with. I run mine pro zero with 0 iron and if you think its a pull tab or bottlecap it usually is and its great for coins to but heres the only problem i gone to a old swiming hole i used as a kid and my friends farthers used as kids to well their eighty now so it was sixty years ago when they used it and this is not a public place so how old would the coins they lost be well all i find is coins i would have droped i go to a park built in 1800's samething so its telling me not going deep enough in my area which is M.A.Heres the million doller question take the water aspect out of the atpro how much would it cost. compare that price to other machines so what do you have? a $350 TO $400 detector i need more dept and got a grand to get it.

OP
OP
D

Dan45

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grizz bear keeping the atpro . need something deeper in my area M.A how ever when i got the pro i dug everything i mean everything no matter what signal it gave me and that alot of diging . I no this detector and its realy easy to use.Im new to the hobby and figured that would be the fastest way to learn it. I just wanted a veteran point of view .I mentioned them other detectors caues they all went down in price one quite a bit sometime thirs a resson for this or mabe tax time but others never do . Im going to get a new one hope i make the right choice i would like dept over kill a plus.Dont want to sound like a newbe but i also think you have to believe in your equitment the right tool for the job.I like parks, old homes, woods,cellarholes ect .The dirt here gets deep caues of all the foliage so got a grand to spend .well thanks for the reply .happy dig n

OP
OP
D

Dan45

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey wvwild man sorry i thougt you had a atpro.Whats the deepest you dug with the coin master. well thanks for the reply happy dig n

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions