Garrett AT pro owners

L

l2hunt

Don't own one but reading some impressive reviews. I really don't need another machine but I'm feeling the pull. It would be fun also to take it through some creeks around me. If you get one please fill us in on what you think!!

BobbyG

Jun 20, 2012
Chicago Suburbs
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one the other day and can't wait to get started.

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had mine for almost a year and really like it. I use the optional 8" x 5" inch coil most of the time. My buddy with an e-trac finds more silver but he also has more experience.

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is soon to be 'on the way', just waiting for the Pro Pointer to get in so both can be sent together.
I'm new to all this MDing, but I have researched quite a bit. I've saved for this hobby, and decided to buy what I could use a long time, instead of 'buying up the scale' later on...I think I'm headed in the right direction.:metaldetector::treasurechest:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep definetely worth it...Started with an Ace250 in a year went to the AT Pro...& I love it....Think waterhunts!

pDogg

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought the AT Pro for myself (birthday present) and the ACE 350 for the wife. Funny how this came about. We were watching "Diggers" on the NatGeo channel a couple of weeks ago and my wife says, "I want to do that." So here I am. I have some previous coin shooting experience using a White's 5000/D GEB (still have it around here somewhere), so I took the plunge and purchased the AT Pro and ACE. Both machines are a big jump from my old White's machine. I investigated numerous makes/models and decided on these two. The price was right and included the accessories I wanted at no additional cost. I don't think you can go wrong with the AT Pro. Happy hunting.

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my AT Pro. I've been using it about 4-5 months now and about 10hours a week. Once you learn what the machine is telling you and start to rely more on the sounds and not the display, you will start finding the good stuff. I'm on a clad roll lately, which for me is awesome. Sure I find lots of jewelry but most is junk/costume.

Despite what people say, It works in the wet salt sand, it's an exercise in patience and can be VERY frustrating. A few great land finds and I will be buying a salt machine for sure!

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As compared to what?

What type of detecting are you interest in?

Will you hunt beaches?

Do you need to hunt in wet conditions or underwaer?

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A detector is a tool, just like a hammer or a screwdriver. I don't use a screwdriver to drive nails. I have about 25 different screwdrivers in my tool box. Each one as a different use and purpose.

Define the job first, then go looking for the correct machine.

The AT-Pro is a good, all around machine that has shortcomings in some areas, such as wet beach sand.

Let us know how you intend to use it and then you will get better answers.

Welcome and Happy Hunting!

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think of the machine? Wondering if I should spend the money. Thnx
well so far I have found 1 sliver quarter my first day find, a axe head, a silver dime 8+ inches down. and whole lot of pop cans but hey at least I am cleaning up the earth! i love my AT Pro.

Rudy74

Feb 1, 2013
Rush springs, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
an old sears discriminator, switchin to a garret AT pro metal detector with 8.5 x 11 w/ pro formation DD coil real soon i hope
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was looking up trhe garrett at pro and there was another garrett of some kind well its a different garrett but its like 100 bucks more but the at pro has a 8.5 x 11 inch disk on it for like almost $700 can you tell me the difference between them 2 and the 2 at pro disk that the at pro comes with?

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
i,ve got two detectors at this time and have used a couple others the i,ve got at this time are minelab explorer se pro a very awsome detectorand the garrett at pro that i most often take out first it,s lighter and just plain fun to use the pro gets good depth and is water proof lots of fun on a hot day in the local lakes it,s more sensitive to gold then the explorer the explorer,s got the edge on depth but 1400 dollars to 700 to be expected the explorer has it,s place and i do enjoy it,s many good pluses but the at pro still holds its own a awsome detector and fun to use fun is the name of the game big boys big toys

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like mine and had an ACE 250 1st but this is much better and worth the money in my book. You can spend less or more on other detectors but in the AT price range it is worth the money

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Love my AT Pro...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread