Any free locations where I can metal detect or pan near Camp Verde?

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming you mean Camp Verde, AZ? If so, there is plenty of places. General Crook Highway right through Camp Verde used to be a wagon trail. There is also the Verde/Flagstaff trail, and the Chavez trail that went from Holbrook to Prescott, crosses I-17 near Stoneman Lake. You will need to research these, I don't have the coords but I do have the trails marked out on topo maps. There is certainly treasure to be found out there! As to gold panning, the nearest GOOD spot is Lynx Creek which is between Prescott and Prescott Valley. Technically, you need to obtain a permit from the National Forest to do this ( I forget the cost, but only a few bucks). Lynx Creek has a dedicated panning area, no sluicing/dredging. I have found some nice nuggets there! The spot was dredged by a huge commercial dredge just after the turn of last century. There are many dredge tailing piles to rake down and metal detect. I hope this helps!

OP
OP
I

icyman61

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea where i can start for my research, im new to all this, but wanting to learn.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to people, old timers especially... ask around. If you know anyone who owns property with an old home on it you can ask permission to hunt.The library is a good research resource. When you think about it, any place where people gathered is going to be a good place to hunt. Swimming areas, picnic grounds, parks, fairgrounds, old drive in theaters, etc. After a while, you just get a feel for it. Learn your detector first, put some hours in on it then go for it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions