Whites Spectrum XLT Price

HarryAreola69

Feb 21, 2013
Eureka, MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a Spectrum that I borrowed from a friend who inherited it from his deceased uncle. I don't know how old it is but I know it works. I watched youtube videos about its operation and I tested it in a test garden. It works fine. I would like to pay him a fair price for it but don't know what that might be. I believe his uncle has been deceased for 5 years. My friend has never used it and has no desire to use it. It came with a case and a bullseye pin pointer. Pin pointer works after a little fixing. I am just getting into this hobbie and can't wait for the ground to thaw so I can start. Thanks

Upvote 0

Coureur de Bios

Feb 5, 2013
NW Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
A very good machine. Bought mine about 12 years ago from Metal Detectors of Minneapolis. The msrp, at that time, was right at about 900.00, got mine for closer to 700.00 with a Bullseye pinpointer thrown in. Came with a rechargeable battery pack and charger as well as another pack that can be opened to fill with AA batteries. They no longer make the XLT anymore but I've been scratchin' in the dirt for upward of 40 years now and that old machine does everything I can hope for. Don't know
If the rechargeable packs are available anymore, I had to order a new one several years ago.

Anyway, that was the new price on them so whatever feels good between both parties to any transaction constitutes a fair deal.
Good luck, it's a good unit.

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
i got one from a friend paid 300.00 for it a fair price on a used detector also a very good detector once you lear it

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that $ 300 - 400 is a good price. Yes you can get rechargeable packs for them and the XLT can still be repaired if it needs it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am on my second XLT. Lost the first in a fire 12 years ago so I bought another new one and am still using it. It can find anything the newer ones can find. You can just go with a program or make your own program. I think a fair present day price would be $300+ depending on condition. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around $400.00 seems to be the going price right now, have seen some asking over $600.00, come on people, get real:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread