Knockers

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
How many of you are door knockers ?

See a good spot to detect, pull in, knock on the door.......

Whats your sucess rate?

I dont have any trouble finding hunting sites. In fact I have only been turned down once in 6 or 8 yrs of avid detecting. That was because the landowner had just got a detector at xmas, and wanted to be first on his property. Anyhow.... Ive lived my whole life in a rural dairy farm area, I either know everybody or know someone who knows them. Ive never stopped or called anyone yet for permission. I just wait till I see them, then bring it up in conversation. I kinda like to feel them out before asking the question. Once or twice I got a bad vibe and didnt bother to ask. But I dont actually remember them.
My problem is, there are some excellant places to hunt, but I never see the owners to bring up the subject. Ive been tempted to call or knock on the door, but Im afraid I may be denied when my chances the other way are nearly 100%.

So how do you knockers make out? no pun intended

Upvote 0

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretend to break down out front of their house and see if they come out. Then pretend to call a tow truck and then ask if they mind if you play with your detector while you wait. Four hours later after no truck:icon_scratch: just claim vapor lock and go home:dontknow:...don't forget to thank em though...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Yep, a good way to start a new relationship...with a lie!

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, a good way to start a new relationship...with a lie!

That's how 99.9% of men enter every relationship. Either lying to her, or himself.

Can't get em' to love you if you can't get em' to spend time with you. All's fair in love and war....and locating them silvers and golds

Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness, than permission........

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
302guy said:
That's how 99.9% of men enter every relationship. Either lying to her, or himself.

Can't get em' to love you if you can't get em' to spend time with you. All's fair in love and war....and locating them silvers and golds

Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness, than permission........

ROTFLMAOOOOOO!!!!!!

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's how 99.9% of men enter every relationship. Either lying to her, or himself. Can't get em' to love you if you can't get em' to spend time with you. All's fair in love and war....and locating them silvers and golds Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness, than permission........

(1) Sorry, but 99.9% is way to high a number.

(2) I never really forgive a person who has lied to me and I never trust them again.

(3) If you cannot get them to love you without lies, they certainly won't keep loving you once they find out you are not to be trusted.

(4) If you believe all is fair in love and war, try cheating on a spouse and get caught. That will start a war you cannot win.

Adjove

Feb 15, 2013
GrizLeeBear said:
Please forgive an old school / old phart, but what in the wold is ROTFLMAOOOOOO? I think I understand the LMAO, but the rest is a mystery.

Rolling on the floor

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'Rolling On The Floor Laughing" ROFL. ..... I was joking Griz... way to drag a good joke out in the street and assassinate it right in front of the kids.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'Rolling On The Floor Laughing" ROFL. ..... I was joking Griz... way to drag a good joke out in the street and assassinate it right in front of the kids.

That is fine. Just an old dog trying to learn some new tricks. Best one I saw was from a teenage girl when texting: "MLOS"

Mother Looking Over Shoulder

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is fine. Just an old dog trying to learn some new tricks. Best one I saw was from a teenage girl when texting: "MLOS"

Mother Looking Over Shoulder

Don't even try to read their texts. It can cause epilepsy, dyslexia, all kinds of bad stuff. My daughter texted her friend. U gon 4 FuDe. I said what is Fude? She said, it's short for food................... WHAT? No it isn't it has the same amount of letters. "Yeah but you gotta bend your thumbs to hit the o's so it's easier to do fude"

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm dying here!!!!! LOL!!! Sorry Grizz....yes...rolling on the floor!!! And nothing wrong with being old school....all the good ones are!! I am too believe it or not ,)

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(1) Sorry, but 99.9% is way to high a number.
(2) I never really forgive a person who has lied to me and I never trust them again.
(3) If you cannot get them to love you without lies, they certainly won't keep loving you once they find out you are not to be trusted.
(4) If you believe all is fair in love and war, try cheating on a spouse and get caught. That will start a war you cannot win.

I have a 14 year old daughter. My wife has been married before. I have seen two entire episodes of Jersey Shore.:dontknow: I assure you, KNOWING you are being lied to is sometimes more comforting then the truth. If you had my blood pressure 180+/90+ it would show you that they still care.... I have seen enough "truth" in my short time here.. I prefer the lie. So don't you go ruining it for me. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread