Bus stops & Park & rides?

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone ever gone to a closed bus stop or Park-n-ride to detect?

There is a former park & ride near me, the busses and station moved to the central part of town and no longer go to this old place. would it be worth my time to detect around the old bus stops?

i know i could possibly get a few bucks in change from the area where all the paper vending boxes were.
Just pondering a small adventure is all. wonder if the city would be angry if they see me with a detector & shovel lol!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i was finding alot of coinage, batteries started going dead and i wasnt liking the way the two guys were circling my rig like they were. wasnt armed so i left to protect my belongings.

got home to see that my hot water tank was making the floor wet. still dont know what all i found. had to clean up & swap out water heater instead of my treasured i unearthed.

heres my score for the couple hours i was there.

the chunk of rock looking thing is Lead i believe. have to clean it up a bit. its real heavy.

IMAG0824.jpg
IMAG0825.jpg
IMAG0826.jpg

Last edited:

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try parking meters sometime where they are installed in a grass strip along a sidewalk.
You might not get off your knees if nobody cleaned the area out. Lots of pennies in the one I worked.

OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More goodies from the park & Ride today.

Mexican coins, jewlery, bottle caps & alot of pull tabs. tons of pennies including a roll of pennies.
Have to go through it all and get a photo still.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say yes to your initial question!

HH
PTP

OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I GOT GOLD!!!!!!!!
Earring with a screw on back. not huge by any means but its GOLD! Gold i tell ya!

IMAG0840.jpg

IMAG0842.jpg

IMAG0843.jpg

IMAG0845.jpg

IMAG0846.jpg

IMAG0839.jpg

OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
now the question is: should i sell the gold and put it in the kitty for my new metal detector or wear it? lol!

OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
acid test at my neighbors jem shop proves earring to be 18K and worth $41 at todays gold prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread