Metal Detector - For me this time

ShadowLine

Jan 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my son a White's Coinmaster a few weeks ago, and now I'm hooked. I'd like to get one for myself now, but I'm not interested in getting one and then buying a new one in the near future. I'd rather get one that I can use for years without thinking "this one is good, but if I just had...". So, I'm looking at getting the full package (MD plus pointer). I am considering a Garrett Pro, Fisher F4, Minelab X-Terra 305. I'd appreciate any feedback or thoughts as well as dealers that I should be working with. Thanks all.

Upvote 0

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very impressed with my White's MXT Pro and the 950 coil. You can crank up the gain when you want to and dig deep! Other coils are optional like the 10 DD and 6x10 for trashy places.

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
just my opinion but with ATpro i don't think you would be needing to buy another for sometime.its a great all around machine for land or water.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're always coming out with the newest and greatest model so we all have the "gee if I only had that one" feelings. If you want no regrets, get the top of the line unit by one of the leading manufacturers so you know there is nothing currently better in a land unit. If you like White's go with their V3i, Minelab, the CTX3030, etc. If you need a water machine, get the Excalibur.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions