San Antonio,Tx Metal Detectors

acandelas

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2013
I'm I'm SA also, new to MDing. Husband and I did our first "hunt" in our front yard this evening, turned up with one penny (1976 hah) & fortunately for us a house key we lost about a year ago! What area of town are you from?

macattack

Apr 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey premedit, Im from SA as well and was reading the park permitting process as well. The question i have is the Metal Detector Guidelines state that you can have "No tools for digging of any kind are allowed". Can you tell me what you dig with? Not really interested in finding coins laying on the grass. Want to do alittle digging. Can you help me in understanding this issue or what you have found during your park detecting.

thx

OP
OP
premedit8ed

premedit8ed

Greenie
Feb 22, 2013
Hey premedit, Im from SA as well and was reading the park permitting process as well. The question i have is the Metal Detector Guidelines state that you can have "No tools for digging of any kind are allowed". Can you tell me what you dig with? Not really interested in finding coins laying on the grass. Want to do alittle digging. Can you help me in understanding this issue or what you have found during your park detecting.

thx

I use a weed puller I found at target for about 8$ it looks like a screwdriver great for popping out coins tbh I've never had any problems with cops I show the permit and they let me go no hesitation also live oak has no laws on metal detecting public parks and its not that far just up 35 & topperwein plenty of parks there

OP
OP
premedit8ed

premedit8ed

Greenie
Feb 22, 2013
I'm I'm SA also, new to MDing. Husband and I did our first "hunt" in our front yard this evening, turned up with one penny (1976 hah) & fortunately for us a house key we lost about a year ago! What area of town are you from?

Awesome it's a great hobby! Very rewarding to find things even with little value

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread