NCHornet

Feb 28, 2013
Mayberry RFD, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Sun King Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't subscribe to any magazines any more and for the same reason. It doesn't matter if it is a gun, diesel truck, or metal detecting magazine they all work the same. Whoever pays the most advertising dollars get's the best reviews. I just pulled out a diesel truck magazine to prove a point. There are 120 pages in this magazine and Banks has 26 pages of advertising ranging from full page to 1/4 page advertising. That is a lot of money, you know the old saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". Years ago there was a gun magazine that took in no money from advertising. They relied only on subscriptions to keep them above water. This meant that the reviews they gave were not affected in any way. I am not saying you can't get some good information from magazines, because you can. I prefer reading forums and to learn that way. Nothing like getting reviews on equipment from folks that actually bought the same detector and uses it on a regular basis. That's all I have to say about that. :icon_thumright:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I subscribe to American Digger magazine and find it to be the best magazine about our hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread