Roundness in the hole!!

TC024

Feb 25, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Detector(s) used
Shopping for first now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, guess we have to start some place huh? I hope to join you in about a month. Saving for my first md now, cant wait. Happy hunting!

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha!
Nice.
But I have to be honest, quoting George Wyant or Tim Saylor MIIIGHT irritate some people here. :)
Good to hear.
And WHERE does one buy a 40.00 MD?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtg !!:thumbsup: Welcome aboard. Great place to read and learn about your new hobby. Good luck.
Happy Hunting
TnMtns

olfacere

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia, US
Detector(s) used
Tesoro MicroMax Silver
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assumed the quote was supposed to be intentionally annoying as a joke (no reasonable person could tolerate spending a day with those guys; i feel so sorry for the cameramen). Congratulations on your first finds. Congratulations also on winning that crap shoot and getting a $40 detector that actually works. In that price range, you'd often do best by buying five detectors and returning the four that don't work correctly. If you're looking to upgrade in the near future, I would suggest the Tesoro Compadre ($160 new; lifetime warranty; made in the USA). It discriminates really well and is about as simple as a detector can get. I don't know of anyone who hates the Compadre for a good reason.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright! Only $39.99 to go before it pays for itself!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with two economy detectors which still work today. I would suggest printing a coupon for Hobby Lobby and buying one of the detectors there for under a hundred dollars. I have made used purchases from members of the forum and was very pleased with all them. Be sure to check the classifieds and sponsors here on the forum too. Oh, that nail finder is a lot of fun and perfect for parking lot scans. Very light weight and has that lil red button so you can GB on the fly. Im guessing you have a Harbor Freight detector, it never lied to me like my more expensive one does lol.

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a MD for $10.00 at a yard sale,, tried it out, and was discusted with it. I gave it to my neighbor, and he has run with it. After about 5 outings together, and some hours practiceing in his yard, he acutally does quite well with it. One time out, he found maybe $7.00 when I found like $5.00, and I think I am pretty good with my Bounty Hunter. Go figure.
Any MD will work, it's the preson who swings it in a productive area that will find the goods. My MD is old, I purchased it used for $110.00 at the swapmeet, and I love my Bounty Hunter Elite 2200. Las month I found 18 silver coins with it :).
HH

OP
OP
R

Rh2racing

Feb 24, 2013
My md is the harbor freight one that will be soon replaced with a whites. And yes the roundness was my attempt at humor.lol

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, like it was already stated, a find is a find! Good luck and enjoy the hobby, that's what its all about. . . and maybe a little treasurer thrown in for good measure!

HH
PTP

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations , on your new hobby.. What detector do you have?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with two economy detectors which still work today. I would suggest printing a coupon for Hobby Lobby and buying one of the detectors there for under a hundred dollars. I have made used purchases from members of the forum and was very pleased with all them. Be sure to check the classifieds and sponsors here on the forum too. Oh, that nail finder is a lot of fun and perfect for parking lot scans. Very light weight and has that lil red button so you can GB on the fly. Im guessing you have a Harbor Freight detector, it never lied to me like my more expensive one does lol.
If the metal detector is working properly, they don't lie......some just tell the whole truth better than others! :laughing7:

OP
OP
R

Rh2racing

Feb 24, 2013
Herb, like I posted its the hbr frght $40 cheapie but I will be getting a better one soon.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My md is the harbor freight one that will be soon replaced with a whites. And yes the roundness was my attempt at humor.lol

Nothing wrong with your lingo and to each their own. Just have fun and cover your holes. There is treasure waiting to be found :thumbsup:

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my el-cheap-o all the time, it's a gold digger. I use it more often than my White's V/sat or fisher gold bug. I've dug up nails and other junk as deep as six inches with it. Also pennies, dimes, nickles, and quarters. It's a fun machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread