State Park Metal Detecting info now available on the web

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
State park information is now available all in one place on the web.

Go to FMDAC.org

On the right side near the top is a link for State Park Regulations. This is the current up to date info as pulled from actual regulations and/or contacts with the parks departments. Three states have not replied to our requests. We will add those states as the info becomes available.

Read the info at the top of the page and please comment if you think something is in error or you can add to it.

Mark Schuessler
FMDAC Alliance Liaison

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link.I wonder why the Ranger at John Lloyd Park in Dania,Fl. told me no a couple years ago? I'm gonna have to pay a visit to the Park Manager now. :)

OP
OP
M

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
The ranger could have been giving you the park managers policy. I would definitely check with the park office. I would bet that a lot of managers around the country are not even aware that it is up to them. They probably just go along with the policy under the "last" guy.

Mark S.

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
maybe he has a good friend that detects that park an told you no so his friend has the run of the place ;D ;D...this knid of stuff can happen when its left for each park to decide yes or no

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haaaa! ;D ;D I'm good to go.I just found out that I know his son and used to hang out with him years ago.It helps when you go right to the source and not one of his cronies.It's all because of this post,Thanks again Mark Schuessler! ;) :)

captain ahab

Jan 4, 2005
colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
I work for colorado state parks and see that we are one state that did not respond. Colorado state parks allows metal detecting without a permit with a couple restrictions:

you may not cause "damage to state park property" - usually used to prevent the guy that starts digging holes in the lawn by a visitor center with a full sized shovel!...

a very few areas within our state parks are designated historical sites... these are protected.

Park managers do have authority to limit some activity on "their" park if they deem it necessary for resource protection.

Also please fill your holes and remember that once you unearth a piece of trash it becomes litter and sharp metal can be hazardous to future visitors so dispose of it properly. If anybody has any specific colorado state park questions?- you can contact me through this site.

Happy hunting and good luck... unless you find my honey holes ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...after reading this site info, I have re-submitted my request to hunt a state park here as well! ;D
Last year I had e-mailed the park ranger asking for permission, and he politely said no. :-\ Let's see if he changed his mind yet! ;D

Thanks for the link, Mark!!

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
Thanks Mark and all for this great information.

Gary

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
Well...after reading this site info, I have re-submitted my request to hunt a state park here as well! ;D
Last year I had e-mailed the park ranger asking for permission, and he politely said no. :-\ Let's see if he changed his mind yet! ;D

Thanks for the link, Mark!!
It helps if you put in a personal appearance.Much easier to say no to an anonymous e-mail.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mark, I posted a link also in case someone misses this one.

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread