RTDE3--ring story

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
This was a great story, but maybe Joe actually hired the man to show up and say how he lost the ring because Joe knew you guys were getting suspicious. :-)

This reminds me of a situation I experience this past summer. Me & about 12 others would meet every Sunday at sunrise to search a local beach. We all search in the water & most of the time we all would find something. Most times about 4 of us will find rings or some other kind of jewelry & the rest of us would find fishing sinkers & loose change. But this one guy who I will call Joe would ALWAYS find 3 rings or more! Now this is a very busy beach but its not that big & most of us have the same machine. (Fisher CZ 20) And use the same settings. I even asked him one time what his settings were to make sure I was using mine right because I had just started using this detector. He would pull up a neckless or something in the same spot that others had been over a few times! Needless to say as the summer went on the running joke in the car I rode in on the way to the beach every Sunday was how many rings Joe was going to find today. Of course we never said anything to him & always acted amazed at his finds. I really thought he must be going to flea markets & yard sales buying all this mostly junk jewelry & that he liked or needed the attention. Then one day he pulls up a really nice mens wedding band. It was platinum with gold trim on both edges. I thought he has started to shop at better places now! Then the next week as we met at the beach a man came up to us & said he had lost his wedding band last Saturday & asked if anyone of us had found it. He described the ring Joe had found to the T. After that I decided that maybe some of us ARE more lucky than the rest of us & that it even if he was bringing the stuff to the beach with him it was harmless. So I would not Question Onion's Rings. RTDE3

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread