New MD

Schultzy

Feb 19, 2013
So my wife and I just started MDing about a month ago and bought a Whites metal detector. Today she finally caved and let me buy a new AT Gold. I am in love. In just a few hrs I plucked about $3 in clad. I mainly focused on high tones since I'm not familiar with the machine yet. I was amazed how quick I could pinpoint accurately and find the object. I think I upgraded from a Cavalier to a Cadillac. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm.
Looking forward to having Spring break next week and treasure hunting.

Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think where you will be a year from now. Its always good to hear a lil more detector makes a difference.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go in the back yard, plant some known good and trash targets and practice, practice. Go over them over and over and note the difference in the sounds and readings. Put a dime and a pull tab a foot apart and read one, then the other. Put them side by side and read them again. Work with items common in your area.

The one really unnerving aspect to metal detecting is you NEVER know which targets you missed. Learn what songs your MD sings and you will have so much more success. You cannot practice in the field.

Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread