Coin programs for Explorer and a couple questions.

D

damz68

I got my Explorer today and man is it nice. It is built like a tank and not near as heavy as I heard it would be. So far I am very happy with it.

Anyone have a good coin finding program for Explorer?

I have yet to change any settings, just leaving it on presets until I get it all figured. It does not seem like it reads much deeper than my xterra but I did manage to find a couple coins in my already hunted back yard. I also find it hard to locate. Maybe it is the way the coil is designed with piece going right down the center. On my xterra the center is open and it is easy to locate and center target. I have a couple questions.

1)Is the Explorer a turn on and go machine. I read the manual and nowhere did it say you have to ground balance or anything before you go, but maybe I missed something?

2)Can I use my 7.5khz xterra coil on the explorer or does it only accept FBS Coils? I figure since it hits frequancies from 1.5-100khz than maybe it will accept the 7.5khz coil. I am most likely wrong though.

Upvote 0

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Exp II will turn on and go. They recommend you run the noise setting, push the noise button and wait for the beeping to stop. The unit will choose a channel noise channel to operate on will the least interference. The unit has auto ground balancing and is not adjusted.

As the coil is what selects the frequency for the Xterra and the Exp II is multifrequncy I don,t think it would work. At least it would not work well or be the best coil to use.
The connectors may also be different.
Ed D.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born2Dtect is right as always. Enjoy the neato Minelab. It is deeper than the Xterra but you can't prove it by air tests.

HH,
Sandman

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Get youself the Andy Sabisch book Mastering the Explorer XS and S this is for the earlier model but it still applies to the later model machine. You say you are having trouble pin pointing make sure you r coil is well away from your target then push the pin point button swing over the coil north south east west taking note of where the signals crosses. that is directly over the target. Another way is to look at your depth guage, when the guage is at its shallowest it is directly over the target.
You have a good machine take your time to learn it, dont be in a hurry to go into the advanced setting until you are completely familiar with it,Stick to your factory preset positions. good hunting seeya Neilo
exp.jpg

DetectorBase

Dec 31, 2006
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w/SunRay X-1, X-5 and X-8 / Whites XLT / Whites GM3
Where can you pick up this book. Will this apply to SE?

Thanks!
DB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions