question about hunting close to a curb

O

oxfordbrent

I have read that it is a good idea to md close to a curb as coins will usually run off the sidewalk and into the grass. I have tried this, but don't seem to be able to not pick up the rebar in the concrete. ??? Is there any way of mding close to the concrete with a Titan 3000XD, or is a higher end md used for this? I have also had trouble not picking up the metal from a barn and playground equipment at the park. Thanks...

Upvote 0

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
They don't use the rebar here, at your spot a smaller coil well let you work closer to the sidewalk.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
If you can't go to a smaller coil turn down your sense a bit. Not sure about your machine and how it transmits, this could be a factor. Some coils are unshielded and the machines transmit a wide field making it hard to get very close to large metal without interference. Also be aware that a lot of crews just plop all the nails from the forms into the space between the curb and the dirt before it gets filled and these can wreak havoc in both masking and unwanted signals.

HH!

OP
OP
O

oxfordbrent

Thanks for the advice. I have tried turning down the sensitivity, but it still seems to pick up the sidewalk.

OP
OP
O

oxfordbrent

Interesting idea....I'll try it. Thanks...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread