New metal detector under $1500

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all id like to buy metal detector under $1500

mainly for coins relic jewelry im in australia so gorund is fair minralised i have the ace 350 but would like better iron discrimination. water proof is not a must... but dont mind if just the coil can be put under thats it... i was looking at AT pro seems like a good detector.. i looked at extera 705 and fisher f75 also e-trac im just not really sure which one is best.... would love to hear everyones opinion. thanks heaps...

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if im not mistaken i see alot of people over there detecting gold nuggets. I'm not sure if you live near and sort of dessert climate but i would factor that into your decision.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to hunt for gold, I'd get a gold machine. As far as I've been able to determine, nobody makes a machine that is excellent for both types of hunting.

OP
OP
P

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks all been very helpful and yeh def not gold :D all sandstone and coal country here and fair bit of iron its crazy hahaha

OP
OP
P

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all just an update on my purchase
i went with a Etrac bought it second hand for 1k and im very surprised at how it performs :D here is todays finds with my Etrac $14.88 and nice stirling silver diamond pendent (925)

P1050474 by poida-wx, on Flickr

P1050475 by poida-wx, on Flickr

thanks all for your advice and opinions :D

Last edited:

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all just an update on my purchase
i went with a Etrac bought it second hand for 1k and im very surprised at how it performs :D here is todays finds with my Etrac $14.88 and nice stirling silver diamond pendent (925)

thanks all for your advice and opinions :D

You chose wisely, I love my E-trac so far. I would steer clear of Kellyco for any future purchase, and go with Bart @ bigboyshobbies.net.

OP
OP
P

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You chose wisely, I love my E-trac so far. I would steer clear of Kellyco for any future purchase, and go with Bart @ bigboyshobbies.net.

yeh im gona stick with australian suppliers :D

hopefulgold

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nokta Golden Sense turned out to be a turd not worth the money spent on it. I sent it back to Kellyco & got a Garrett AT Pro & a Garrett AT Gold. No more crap for me.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nokta Golden Sense turned out to be a turd not worth the money spent on it. I sent it back to Kellyco & got a Garrett AT Pro & a Garrett AT Gold. No more crap for me.

Good call on the switch, but I'd recommend steering clear of Kellyco in the future and going through Bart @ bigboyshobbies.net or Wayne @ metaldetectingstuff.com.

hopefulgold

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Silver Simon will do. What burned me most of all about Kellyco was I had to pay return shipping on a defective item that they sold me. I am out about $75.00 for the round trip experience with Kellyco. But I am very happy with the Garrett AT Pro it is doing very well on finds for me. Thanks again for the information, Hopefulgold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread