anybody use rechargeable batteries??

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
I was out with my ACe 250 at lunch and the battery symbol was down to half and I figured maybe I would buy rechargeable AA batteries instead of keep buying the throw away ones. Any else use rechargeables and are they safe for the detectors? I figure they use them in cameras and other electronics, why not my Ace.

Let me know what you all do?

Thanks

Funkman

Upvote 0

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
That's all I use in my Ace250. They seem to hold about 10 hours of charge (although I never go more than 4-5 between recharging.) I actually find a little better response from the Ace when the batteries are drained a little bit. Other than that, I found no problems using rechargables!

Suggestion: invest in NiMH batteries, get the highest "mah" (milliamphour) rating you can find (they will last longest between recharging) and get the "high speed" charger. All told, you will be spending 15-20 bucks, but it is worth it when you consider how many disposables you go through in one season. AND...you won't be contributing to the disposal of hazardous waste!

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I use them in all my detectors. I can't see spending all my clad to buy batteries to find more clad.

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
ifs there a BIG LOTS near you they have 4 aa 2000mah Ni Mh battery with charger for like 12.00...I use rechargeables in my whites PI PRO an can hunt for 12 hours an still show 1.1 volts per battery. There are some machines that the rechargeable battery will not work thou.

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
I can't see spending all my clad to buy batteries to find more clad.

i hear that.... ive used rechargeables for a long time and never had any trouble, and also you never run out of batteries as long as you have your charger.

im just contemplating which ones to buy next, myself.

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
Thats all I use is rechargeables & I also have a 15 minute charger(Energizer) just in case I have to charge a set in My car.With the price of good Alkalines nowadays it makes sense to use rechargeable batteries.

ernie

Jun 11, 2004
thats all i use in all my detectors including the nine volt ones for my umax machines.you can go to walmart and get four aa and a charger in the camera dept for ten bucks.i bought 24 aa rechargeable batteries on ebay for twenty bucks.

OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Thanks for the replies all. I went out to Target (or Tar^get for the French) and bought a 4 pack of energizer AA 2500 Mah and charger. Should be able to use them tomorrow if the honey do list is not too long.

Thanks again

Funkman

Z

ztzzt

I was thinking about getting some until I happened into Dollar General. Got 8 store brand alkalines for $2.50. Tried them out and they seem to last longer than the name brands. I love em. Don't think it is worth the hassle of recharging.

drver

Sep 24, 2006
Wilmington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Captain Trips said:
That's all I use in my Ace250. They seem to hold about 10 hours of charge (although I never go more than 4-5 between recharging.) I actually find a little better response from the Ace when the batteries are drained a little bit. Other than that, I found no problems using rechargables!

Suggestion: invest in NiMH batteries, get the highest "mah" (milliamphour) rating you can find (they will last longest between recharging) and get the "high speed" charger. All told, you will be spending 15-20 bucks, but it is worth it when you consider how many disposables you go through in one season. AND...you won't be contributing to the disposal of hazardous waste!

What mah do you run in your Ace? I’ve been thinking about trying rechargeables, I just posted in the wrong thread.
I’ve heard that if the batteries are too hot the Ace will not function correctly until some power drains.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
ztzzt said:
I was thinking about getting some until I happened into Dollar General. Got 8 store brand alkalines for $2.50. Tried them out and they seem to last longer than the name brands. I love em. Don't think it is worth the hassle of recharging.
I have a 15 minute charger and 2500 mAh NiMH size AA batteries. Since I never let them run all the way down, I can charge 8 AA batteries in less than 10 minutes. Where is the hassle in that?

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
over the last two weeks i would have blown about $10-$20 in batteries. since i had rechargeables, i paid virtually nothing, and i didnt have to make any trips to the store to get more batteries for next time.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I use them in all my detectors. Even had a pack made up for my Excaliburs. Love em $$$$$

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread