Hawkeye4077

Greenie
Mar 19, 2013
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie to the hobby and wanted to know what everyone's favorite gloves to use while detecting. It's easy to find what the best pointer is, the best digger is, what peoples thoughts on detectors are but I didn't see anything about best gloves to use.

So, let us know what kind of gloves you use and why you like them so!

Upvote 0

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear these,

0005330001998_300X300.jpg

I really don't care for gloves, but a few weeks ago I reached into a hole and sliced the ever loving crap out of my hand on an old screw cap with glass in the threads. Our ground here is also mostly mica shale that is very sharp. Couple that with yucca and cactus and it all just leads to pain and bleeding.

While any glove will make you lose some dexterity, these seem to be about the least deficit of any I have tried. Plus they breath well.

WM

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wanted to open this back up since it's a current thread title that asks the same questions I have!!!

What are you guys using for gloves now a days?

I am wanting something I can feel well with ... I see Mechanix mentioned a lot here but to me those are to thick to really FEEL around and be productive when sifting through the dirt etc. I feel

Anything made that has a nice palm area that forms to your fingers well so it feels like you don;t have gloves on? but still has a bit of lining to them so you don;t have the weird clammy rubber feel against your fingertips?

Also breathable is good as well ... I live in the hot Valley of CA. so breathable is a plus.

I just went something this but will protect .... feels like not much is there and you can grip and feel things well with your fingers that normal gloves do not give you ... and also a lining to them if possible to feel comfortable.

Soooo ... What are you guys using for gloves?

Looking forward to seeing some new thoughts and suggestions. :icon_thumright:

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wanted to open this back up since it's a current thread title that asks the same questions I have!!!

What are you guys using for gloves now a days?

I am wanting something I can feel well with ... I see Mechanix mentioned a lot here but to me those are to thick to really FEEL around and be productive when sifting through the dirt etc. I feel

Anything made that has a nice palm area that forms to your fingers well so it feels like you don;t have gloves on? but still has a bit of lining to them so you don;t have the weird clammy rubber feel against your fingertips?

Also breathable is good as well ... I live in the hot Valley of CA. so breathable is a plus.

I just went something this but will protect .... feels like not much is there and you can grip and feel things well with your fingers that normal gloves do not give you ... and also a lining to them if possible to feel comfortable.

Soooo ... What are you guys using for gloves?

Looking forward to seeing some new thoughts and suggestions. :icon_thumright:

I use kevlar gloves with a rubberized palm. Keeps you from getting cut and also is a bit water resistant.

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy the 3 pair pack from walmart. Rubberized like the ones above and only 2.99 for 3 pairs. I'm left handed and only use the right glove for digging.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy the 3 pair pack from walmart. Rubberized like the ones above and only 2.99 for 3 pairs. I'm left handed and only use the right glove for digging.

+1 I use the same havi.g that rubber I been protected from many broken bottles,nails,shards from cans, there cheap,u don't have to worry about losing them,hands breath all most seems to be a no brainer really

shufflr

Mar 8, 2014
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 550
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Blue Hawk gloves I bought at Lowes three pairs for $3.99. Light weight but keep hands clean and offer some protection against cuts. :icon_thumleft:

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
boxing-gloves-6789255.jpg
EVERLAST---To keep all those young women away when I wanna dig.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll agree to that aswell I mainly will bring a cheap set & only use if its muddy or full of sharp rusty metal & broken glass I already have protectors on my detector & probe so no worries on any damage

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got the cheap gloves that were included w/ the kellyco kit, but have not used them. I have been MDing bare handed this winter, love getting the dirt under my nails, like a kid playing in the dirt. Then I meet a new friend, Frank, who swears by his mechanics gloves, and he insists that it is the way to go. Maybe he is onto something, because (fail alert)... My last hunt included a run-in w/ sand spurs, got a splinter behind my nail, now infected and pussey, and it hurts. Also, got lit up by a dozen or so fire ants, little buggers tore me up.

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all mechanics gloves are equal. you don't need the ones that have armored knuckles and joints.I like the ones with the thin leather fingers and palms but the backs are a breathable with a soft "fuzzy place for wiping your face/brow etc. Anyone that digs without gloves is BEGGING for a nasty cut and tetanus. If you are digging go get your tetanus shot regularly.

I have also used military flight gloves with leather palms and fingers. AWSOME GLOVES with great manual dexterity but can be pricey. Another glove I like is any smooth inexpensive leather work glove, but turned inside out so there are no seams on your fingers. You can wear them all day digging without a blister from those fat leather seams

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
In the water at 35 degrees these do the trick, made them from gortex sleeves from a old drysuit

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do they make a thin and betting form fitting mechanix glove?

I have a couple of the regular basic pairs and they feel okay but not sure how well they breathe and kind of a little thick.

I'm gonna hit lowes and HD to see what I like and just go with what fits and feels good.

Ripper1313

Greenie
May 7, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie to the hobby and wanted to know what everyone's favorite gloves to use while detecting. It's easy to find what the best pointer is, the best digger is, what peoples thoughts on detectors are but I didn't see anything about best gloves to use.

So, let us know what kind of gloves you use and why you like them so!

41rAoym2jWL.jpeg

I use these, the outer shell is bamboo and the palm is nitrile.

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a rubber fingered gardening glove on my left hand and nothing on my right. Except sometimes if it is cold I will where a jersey glove on my right hand. Anyone want to buy a pile of rubber fingered gardening gloves? Right handed of course. :laughing7:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I wear tight-fitting short leather gloves with rubberized palms when digging in fields, road cuts or railroad cuts to avoid badly cutting my hands on the huge amount of broken glass in these places. Earlier I became frustrated when using the big loose garden/work gloves and always took them off because it's hard to pick up small finds with loose big gloves. Tighter gloves are like just using bare hands, very satisfactory. Have fun! :icon_thumleft: Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread