scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the dd10 and have recently got the 950, I am most interested in getting coins in the surface to 8-10 inch range. For my money so far the 950 seems to be much more my style than the dd10. PLZ add your thoughts and ideas.:dontknow:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ohh by the way could you also give me an approximate price range for the coils..ty!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody here got any info on coils??

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still nothing?? ok that's lame.

Ohio Digger

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
I have a DFX which I know isn't the same but I was struggling with the stock 12" coil in the park, even in my own backyard. I ended up buying an 8x6 SEF butterfly coil. I was concerned though that I was going to kill my depth with the smaller coil. I took it out on my side yard at 10pm the day I got it. Adjusted some settings and started swinging. I kid you not, in less than 1 minute I was getting an iffy penny signal. I could tell it was deep too. Started digging and finally out came a 1918 wheat penny at 9" down. It will probably be the last 9" penny I'll dig with it but I was impressed. I was in Mixed Mode which did help. I have a buddy in WV that's looking at picking up an 8x6 for his DFX as well. Awesome coil with great separation and I think really good depth. Plus light as a feather compared to my 12". Hope this helps.

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a lot Ohio, the SEF coils sound like they are good coils for the Whites line. How much did u give for it? Where did you get it?

Ohio Digger

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
KellyCo is the only place you can buy them. Unless you can find a used one somewhere. Mine was right around $150. I think retail is like $250 (don't ever buy them like that, they're always on sale). For the DFX they also make a 12x10 SEF that I considered. They even have a 15x12 SEF but that would be too large for my hunting. For now I'm happy with the smaller one I have. I'm sure they make all 3 of those sizes for your machine too.

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
KellyCo is the only place you can buy them. Unless you can find a used one somewhere. Mine was right around $150. I think retail is like $250 (don't ever buy them like that, they're always on sale). For the DFX they also make a 12x10 SEF that I considered. They even have a 15x12 SEF but that would be too large for my hunting. For now I'm happy with the smaller one I have. I'm sure they make all 3 of those sizes for your machine too.

Ok I will check into that. TY!:icon_thumright:

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hesitant to buy the sef coils for my v3i because I've read they have trouble in 3 frequency mode, particularly with the 22.5 hertz frequency. There is no best coil. It all depends on your hunting conditions, soil mineralization, trash density, EMI, and what not. I personally own the 4x6 dd eclipse shooter, the concentric super 12, and the 10" stock dd. I like things about all of them and they all have their place in my tool kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell me about the super 12 please. Is it deeper than the 10? What's it's disadvantages? How much was it?

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably use my super 12 the most in town and park situations. Yes it is deeper then the 10" dd. I told myself it was almost to deep the other day when I dug a piece of Aluminum from about sixteen inches. I have mild ground so it is well suited for my area of the country. And it is less affected by EMI. I can run 5 high pass in areas I'd have to run 5 band pass with the 10" stock to avoid falsing. It also seems less sensitive to iron. But you have to overlap a lot when looking for deep targets because of the conical shape of the field. I paid 190 for it at New England Detectors.

OP
OP
scotty544

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool thanks alot