Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! You got the fever bad. I hope the ground is thawed enough to recover your targets!

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck to ya! Been out a few times when temps were mid 30's. Bring extra coffee! And when you can no longer feel your fingers, go back to the truck for a warm up lol

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
ya went out today had to search a small part of a park that was not frozen. come on warm weather

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck and we're expecting pics of the great finds!

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging in grass that isn't fully started and thawed only destroys it and makes brown spots, giving us all a bad name.

Don't be selfish, you aren't the only one who detects.

OP
OP
F

FranM65

Greenie
Mar 10, 2013
Outside of Detroit.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Ok sorry I didn't know that I'm a newbie...didn't mean to offend. Not trying to be selfish just was excited.:dontknow:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Ok sorry I didn't know that I'm a newbie...didn't mean to offend. Not trying to be selfish just was excited.:dontknow:

I understand. And please don't take me wrong, I have no idea how long you have been detecting.

I have just seen a lot of people digging in partially frozen ground because they get that bug and it destroys grass.

Spring is coming my friend...... ;)

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
just go around the area u hunt and find soft ground. if there is none then soon there will be. gd lk hh

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been out sincw my safari came in January. If I was able to get my lesche ib the ground I was digging dnt matter to me what time of the year it is.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes sir....if I can get the ultimate digging tool (Lesche) in the ground.....I'm diggin'.....I know how to doctor up that hole:icon_thumright:

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm by fran and did some swinging Saturday the ground was not frozen...

OP
OP
F

FranM65

Greenie
Mar 10, 2013
Outside of Detroit.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sno, how did ya do? I live in Sterling Heights and the one park I went to was so darn trashy! My Ace 250 was dinging 50 cents and I would dig and it's a piece of old iron, fooled me every damn time! LOL oh well I'm a sucker for that high dinging noise the 250 gives..I have Friday off so I'm going out all day. I have to say that I am so sore today! I didn't imagine I would be getting a work out, but swinging for almost 7 hours take a toll, hey at least I'll get in shape right?

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Errr...My new detector is supposed to come tomorrow, but tonight I'm supposed to get 8"+ of snow. Oh well, gives me extra time to read over the instructions.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter if it is "thawed" or you can "dig" or not.
If you don't see the beginning of green root structure at the base of the grass, then you will KILL IT when you dig it.
Just like if you dig a complete 360 plug.
Grass is NOT a collection of individual blades, they are all interconnected and while, yes they are (kind of) individual, they are on a larger nature, a connected organism.

Getting greedy and chopping away just because you can doesn't mean it is ready.

I know we're all in a hurry to get that clad and maybe some junk jewelry before "gasp! somebody else beats us to it" but have some common sense and look to the future.
It will be there in two weeks for the love of GOD.

And before someone runs crying or gets all huffy because they think I "dare" tell THEM what to do, this is directed at no one.

Have some patience and think about how you make us look before you go making paper plate sized dead spots that cause those "no metal detecting" signs to pop up.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The answer is simple(for me)I live at 7000ft and I know about frozen ground.I dont hunt where I cant....or do damage.Please dont forget the value of random hunting....that is its not a park or such....just ground.I use a propane torch when I have to if the signal is worth it.With this program you will always be the 1st to detect at a givin spot(along highway turnouts etc).In the last year doing this I have changed my mind about where to hunt.

People go everywhere...and lose everything...perhaps open your requirements on where to hunt and see if it works...it has for me...bigtime.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you dont get it...try this....frozen ground.....heat

Top Member Reactions