Quoddy

Greenie
Mar 22, 2013
New York/Vermont Border
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm retired and always looking for more things to occupy my time. For a long time I've been considering this hobby, and had almost made up my mind on which MD to buy... an E-Trac. BUT recently, after taking into consideration that I have an extremely bad right shoulder and some arthritis in that area too, I've been more inclined to go with an XP Deus. Is this thinking logical, or should I try to tough it out with the E-Trac. I'll be doing a mixture of coin and relic hunting.

Upvote 0

DirtAngler

Jun 18, 2011
SE Pa
Detector(s) used
MX5, M6, GPP, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you are probably aware, there are devices available to take the weight off your shoulder that might work for you. With that being said, I have severe shoulder and arm impairments and have just one arm from an electrical accident in '89. I have used heavier models like the MXT and Etrac and although the balance can be fairly good, the weight is still there if your condition is not good. While I do have a heavier machine, Safari, for a backup detector, my main detector is the Deus and is the only detector that I can use day in and day out for a few hours at a time without undo pain. There are Fisher/Teknetics detectors that are lightweight too but they are too chatty for me. My point is that if you're going to have pain and soreness, you're not going to enjoy the hobby and a hobby is for enjoyment. JMHO.

OP
OP
Quoddy

Quoddy

Greenie
Mar 22, 2013
New York/Vermont Border
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called Bart this morning and have the XP Deus, along with a Garrett Pro Pointer and Lesche hand digger on the way today.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with the new hobby, if that detector is still too heavy check into the mid range tesero detectors they are pretty light and do a good job. I had a silver saber for years, now I swing a whites V3i, and although it is a superior detector, it is significantly heavier as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions