Sunspot Stealth Scoops

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my new scoop and it is a work of art!
20130323_203619.jpg

I researched for the "best" scoop out there, and many people suggested Sunspot. I nearly placed an order online, and then to my surprise, I discovered that the tooling shop was here in Michigan, and a mere 10 minutes from my friend's house!! (who I just happened to be visiting the following day for our annual fantasy baseball draft). This was a clear sign that I had to check out their operation. I called ahead and they were more than happy to have me stop by. They even had the 720i assembled with the wooden handle and lift assist all ready for me! The owner, (Chuck, I think) spent plenty of time with me talking shop and discussed some of the design changes they have made to increase the strength of the scoop over time.

All in all, it was a fantastic retail experience, and I have a great deal of respect for Sunspot Tooling. I will never buy a scoop anywhere else, and I most likely will not need to, as this thing is incredibly well built. It is obvious they take pride in their work, and it is well deserved. At first I was a little hesitant about the price, but after seeing it in person and checking it out, it is 100% worth the money. I ended up paying ABOVE their asking price, albeit slightly, and I will gladly support their cause anyway I can.

Anyone who might be on the fence about this steel beast need not worry. Your money will be well spent on this fine USA craftsmanship!

Upvote 0

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had mine for two years and beat the heck out of it but it works and is worth every cent. I also went to see Chuck because it is near where my parents live. If I lose this one I will get another quickly! Now go out and get that thing dirty....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions