MD for a started with a very tight budget?

Winter

Mar 5, 2013
Israel, for now
Detector(s) used
Soon a Bounty Hunter VLF 2.1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD for a starter with a very tight budget?

Hi guys and Gals!
I decided I should spend a bit so I could start detecting here and there.
I had a few very nice coin finds in my life, right next to my house, and I wonder if there's anything I could find if I go deeper...
However, I can spend no more than 50$ including shipping as of now... That's kinda embarrassing to say..
However, you gotta start from something, huh? So if anyone could recommend something cheap, preferably online (as I am not mobile, and I also live in Israel ><), I would be grateful.
Have a nice day!

edit:
I found something I could afford, it's called the Bounty Hunter VLF 2.1
here is the description:
Bounty Hunter VLF 2.1
VLF 2.1
The Metal Detector with Discrimination and Sensitivity Control is a low cost metal detector that will get you up and running for hidden treasure in no time. The VLF 2-1 Metal Detector by Bounty Hunter is lightweight with an ergonomic design for easy handling and comfortable use. The Bounty Hunters Metal Detector will detect coin size objects up to 5". This Bounty Hunter Metal Detector also has discrimination control that will eliminate iron and most unwanted objects and sensitivity control for maximizing depth detection. Bounty Hunter The Metal Detectors VLF 21 operates on 2 9V alkaline batteries.
Features
Discrimination control will eliminate iron and most unwanted items
Maximize depth detection with sensitivity control
Detects coin-size objects up to 6" deep
Volume proportional to signal strength
Variable levels of discrimination
Preset ground balance
Lightweight, ergonomic design for easy handling & comfortable use
6" weather resistant coil
Operates on 2 9-volt alkaline batteries

what do you think about this? is it good to start with? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
it's a little more than 50 . bounty hunter tracker iv wound be a good one. I had a radio shack model for along time. it was about 75. it worked ok. only goes about 4 inches deep. i wou say save up and come up with $150. you'd be able to get something decent with a pin pointer free if you look. metaldetector.com

OP
OP
Winter

Winter

Mar 5, 2013
Israel, for now
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a little more than 50 . bounty hunter tracker iv wound be a good one. I had a radio shack model for along time. it was about 75. it worked ok. only goes about 4 inches deep. i wou say save up and come up with $150. you'd be able to get something decent with a pin pointer free if you look. metaldetector.com
I could wait until I get my paycheck, and then Ill have around 80$ ^^" I'm a teenager, saving up money is quiet hard ya know.. so my main purpose is something cheap to see if I even like the hobby.

pineyboy

Mar 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Hobby Lobby. You can print off a 40% off coupon and get a Bounty Hunter IV for $68.00 tax and all.

OP
OP
Winter

Winter

Mar 5, 2013
Israel, for now
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Hobby Lobby. You can print off a 40% off coupon and get a Bounty Hunter IV for $68.00 tax and all.

Id love that, but the process to getting it shipped abroad, and also the shipping cost is troublesome..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread