florida keys and the bahamas

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Just like American Express Add! "Don't leave home without it". Be sure to read the post on Padre Island Disaster. It's scary. JUst be aware of local laws. Good luck. Spotz

OP
OP
T

trgams

Apr 21, 2003
Columbia, SC, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hey!! Thanks for the advice! :) Yes, Never leave home without it!!! LOL Seriously though, does anyone know if it is legal to detect in these areas? I did look at the Bahemian(spelling?) government website, but had no luck...what about in Florida keys? Can I just go on public beaches? Or are they off limits? Thanks again for any assistance in this!! :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All public beaches in the state of FL. are legal to detect,including state parks.You can detect from the toe of the dunes to the low tide waterline.There are certain areas that you can't detect in the water.As for the Bahamas,I was supposed to go last month but the job was postponed.I asked a few months back about laws in the Bahamas and was told it's okay.But be wary of the locals,if you know what I mean.A lot of them think of us as "rich Americans"so BOLO.(BE ON THE LOOKOUT)and watch your back.Good Luck and H.H.

OP
OP
T

trgams

Apr 21, 2003
Columbia, SC, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
diggummup said:
All public beaches in the state of FL. are legal to detect,including state parks.You can detect from the toe of the dunes to the low tide waterline.There are certain areas that you can't detect in the water.As for the Bahamas,I was supposed to go last month but the job was postponed.I asked a few months back about laws in the Bahamas and was told it's okay.But be wary of the locals,if you know what I mean.A lot of them think of us as "rich Americans"so BOLO.(BE ON THE LOOKOUT)and watch your back.Good Luck and H.H.

Thanks alot for the response!! I was wondering about the Bahamas.....I guess I'll call the cruiseline and see if they have any more info...I'll post if I find anything more out! :) Cheers!

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Yes please post what you find out. I'm planning a cruise to the Bahamas in May myself and plan to do some detecting in the Cocoa Beach area also. I'm really looking forward to MDing in sand for a change.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread