I am curious yellow!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a PI primarily for wet sand and shallow water/diving to detect gold jewelry in tropical waters (lots of hot rocks, black sand).
Might have an opportunity to use it during the summer in the high Sierras to look for gold (nuggets/veins) near a known producing mine.

Very interested with your experience with below PI detectors, I am considering purchasing.
1) Tesoro Sand Shark
2) Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
3) Garrett Infinium LS
4) Alternative PI

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot will depend on your budget. If you're absolutely set on getting a PI unit, the ones you list are fine (including the White's Surfmaster) for the beach if there isn't too much junk iron. As for using that same machine for nugget hunting.......there are better choices. A Fisher Gold Bug is a good inexpensive unit all the way up to the Minelab 5000 which is probably the best one out there. That 5000 is also a very good beach machine as long as you don't get it wet. In shallow water and dry sand, it's hard to beat the depth. There again, there is no discrimination with a PI machine so you'll be digging everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread