One of the MOST repeated questions on T-NET
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By blaylock
  • 1 Post By blaylock
  • 1 Post By goldentruth

Thread: One of the MOST repeated questions on T-NET

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2013
    northeast ms
    Garret Ace 150
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

One of the MOST repeated questions on T-NET

Some questions just seem to have NO right answer to them. And lately on T-NET it seems to be someone asking "Whats the best metal detector?" This question is like asking whats the best automobile , sports team, religion,or political affiliation. There just is no answer, each person has there own ideas. And you will recieve lengthy answers on why this person thinks his choice is the best. When in reality , there are pros and cons to any answer they give. Such as cost,how much experiance you have, how user friendly and simple, how technically advanced, how heavy, etc... My advice is for you to leave the laptop for a while and go out and find a few people with different ones to demonstrate theirs and see for yourself. Who knows, it could lead to a MD buddy, or save you money on something you just cant figure out or want.
    63bkpkr and SusanMN like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    13880 times
    Good point blaylock. The best way is to hook up with some local MD'ers. I don't care what MD you purchase - once you get the hang of it it will be just as good as any other puppy.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

us
    LeeinTn

Dec 2012
    Etowah, Tn
    Whites Spec XLT
    3 times
    After reading all the threads, the other most asked questions are:
    1. what pinpointer shoould i buy and do i really need one.
    2. How to take a MD on a airplane.
    3. How to get more depth for coins.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7330 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    There actually is a "best" metal detector.......it's the one that works the best for you, in your soil or water, hunting for your desired target, and in your budget. Trying a few from some local hunters is a great way to determine your best choice.

us
    Feb 2013
    northeast ms
    Garret Ace 150
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    There actually is a "best" metal detector.......it's the one that works the best for you, in your soil or water, hunting for your desired target, and in your budget. Trying a few from some local hunters is a great way to determine your best choice.
    I agree 100% I have 3 myself and have found stuff with them all. Cheapest was the Radio Shack Discover then the Garrett and most expensive is my White. I keep the RS behind seat of my truck to use if I have a few minutes at friends and families homes, I use the garrett at ball fields and small areas close to home , and the White for old home sites and woods.
    firemac likes this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
    495 times
    Relic Hunting
    I don't think people who ask that question are literally thinking there's one best detector. I think it's just a conversational tactic to get people to "sell" whichever detector they prefer in order to generate a list of possible candidates.

us
    Potentate with the upside down popcorn bucket hat

Jan 2013
    The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
    Truffle seeking pig modified for metal. The results have been so-so When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
    163 times
    A lot of the problem may be from people like me.

There simply aren't local people to ask questions of or try their detectors. There aren't active MDers for hundreds of miles.

All of the info I can get must be gleaned from the interweb and the folks who inhabit it.

WM
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."-- Albert Einstein

Let 'er Buck!!!

us
    Jan 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
    495 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyomingmedic View Post
    A lot of the problem may be from people like me.

There simply aren't local people to ask questions of or try their detectors. There aren't active MDers for hundreds of miles.

All of the info I can get must be gleaned from the interweb and the folks who inhabit it.

WM
    I don't see it as a problem at all, ask all the questions you like! There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here.

us
    "John Holmes Jr."

Nov 2011
    French Gulch, North Calif.
    "WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
    33 times
    Metal Detecting

one of the most repeted questions on tnet

I keep seeing a question what is the deepest coin depth you found a coin. Also whats better fisher, ace,etc.
    I was told their is no metal detector that does it all for Gold,Coins,Beach&Stream of artifacts.
    Last edited by goldentruth; Mar 29, 2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: add extra info.
    fistfulladirt likes this.
    GOLD IS WHERE YOU FIND IT.. IT CAN HIDE BUT WHEN REAL IT DON'T LIE!
    My Mama Never raised No Fool... I Was Adopted!

us
    “We do not inherit the planet from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”

Mar 2013
    NE PA
    Garrett AT Pro
    170 times
    I am in the same boat as you; there are no other people near me who I can share the passion with or who can answer my questions either. I get what you are asking. I bought an AT Pro because I want to use it in water, and I figured it would be one way to get my wife to enjoy the hobby with me. Good Luck, and we can share our learning experiences too.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7330 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If you truly don't have anyone local from whom you can glean information, check the "today's find" section and when you find targets that you expect to find, see what detector they are using.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links