Diggers v. Salvage on coins ...

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the digger guys detected before the show as they don't find many for the area's they get to hunt and the one guy said during one show it was the first large cent he has ever found.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the digger guys have been detecting for years.check out their older you tube videos(extreme metal detecting).They find more coins because they look for coins.The fat wrestler looks for 5000.00 axe handles and huge piles of old amazingly expensive trash.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Regardless, for some reason I enjoy both shows...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hard to pinpoint a coin with a bulldozer,just sayin'.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the digger guys detected before the show as they don't find many for the area's they get to hunt and the one guy said during one show it was the first large cent he has ever found.

There from Montana not many large cents here.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Relic hunters and coin hunters two different styles. its prob. too hard to make a living hunting coins. does anyone remember when we did the test forum to see if you could make a living at it? We hunted 8 hours a week for 4 months (8 hours a week equaled 1 "day") then posted totals it was an eye opener and fun we should do it again.

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
I watched Savage once for about 12 minutes. All I could stand... Maybe they should get dog the bounty hunter to detect with them. I really believe people like that is why WE get told no when we ask to hunt on someone's private property. The diggers may be a little goofy at times but they are respectfull to our hobby and the land. They are a good show to watch and to hopefully send a good message about us

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Diggers: real, although edited to appease mainstream viewers

American Digger (Savage) - very fake. Period.

Coureur de Bios

Feb 5, 2013
NW Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Is Diggers off for the season? Came on NatGeo here at 10pm on Tuesday but now all that's there is Doomsday Preppers. They certainly were goofy but more fun than doomsday.

OP
OP
Heysenn

Heysenn

Mar 5, 2013
Relic hunters and coin hunters two different styles. its prob. too hard to make a living hunting coins. does anyone remember when we did the test forum to see if you could make a living at it? We hunted 8 hours a week for 4 months (8 hours a week equaled 1 "day") then posted totals it was an eye opener and fun we should do it again.

What were the results? We'd be down to do that! Sounds fun.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the digger guys have been detecting for years.check out their older you tube videos(extreme metal detecting).They find more coins because they look for coins.The fat wrestler looks for 5000.00 axe handles and huge piles of old amazingly expensive trash.
What I can't understand is they go into a antique shop and barter up for payout and what I question is they add it up what they got from the shop THEN additional profit is shown written down, so it looks like they paid for everything & made profit? Sounds fixed & Staged if ya ask me.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with you Golden. At the end of the show they tally up everything and for a few days work all of a sudden they have like 10,000 dollars worth of crap they sold. How do they price some of that stuff because some of the stuff they dig I know for a fact can be found for much cheaper and in better shape.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with you Golden. At the end of the show they tally up everything and for a few days work all of a sudden they have like 10,000 dollars worth of crap they sold. How do they price some of that stuff because some of the stuff they dig I know for a fact can be found for much cheaper and in better shape.

IT'S COMPLETELY FAKE! Stop trying to find reason or sense in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread