Iam hooked!!

t-man

Mar 5, 2013
walla walla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to md,my father in law bought 2 At-pro's one for him and one for his wife , he is also new to md so we went down to the local park and tried to act llike we knew what we were doing, after about an hour we had them dialed in and were finding quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies and a ton of bottle caps,i was hooked it was like christmas from one find to the next even if it was only a penny the thougt of what could be under the next patch of grass kept me going past dark,for the next 4 days that was or ritual up early and hunt till dark, it was a blast!!!! was even having dreams of md, my wife thinks iam crazy lol, Also just bought a e-xterra 705 and a garrett pro-point and a digger. any tips or tricks is appreciated.

Upvote 0

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found if you go on Google it has many metal detector finds under "Metal Detecting" and go to "Whites", "Fisher" "Ace" Etc. and it shows cools in the field finds. Good Luck friend & Welcome!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll love the Xterra.

OP
OP
T

t-man

Mar 5, 2013
walla walla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll love the Xterra.

I hope so I did a lot of research before I bought it , I almost got the at-pro but I wanted something different than my father in law, I also read the artical on mine labs web site understanding your e-xterra, lot of info to take in .

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For any new detector there is a lot of info to take in and for a new detectorist it is double full of info. BUT in your favor is that you are already hooked and you know you have a good machine, practice is now the best thing for you to do as well as read about your machine and then go try out the new info till you understand it and then go for more info/practice over and over. Pretty soon and you will know your machine and that is the best it gets. Good searching............63bkpkr

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started there were no computers or Internet for me to ask if I was really crazy. Everyone told me I was till I showed them the buckets of rings I got from the water. I am still having a ball finding trash in the dirt and sand.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Tribe!

OP
OP
T

t-man

Mar 5, 2013
walla walla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For any new detector there is a lot of info to take in and for a new detectorist it is double full of info. BUT in your favor is that you are already hooked and you know you have a good machine, practice is now the best thing for you to do as well as read about your machine and then go try out the new info till you understand it and then go for more info/practice over and over. Pretty soon and you will know your machine and that is the best it gets. Good searching............63bkpkr

I plan on burying different items in my back yard tommorow to see how my detector reacts and write down target id's and make mental notes on sound.

OP
OP
T

t-man

Mar 5, 2013
walla walla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started there were no computers or Internet for me to ask if I was really crazy. Everyone told me I was till I showed them the buckets of rings I got from the water. I am still having a ball finding trash in the dirt and sand.

The internet does make it easier, you know what they say if its on the internet it must be tru lol . We will be going to the beach this summer and can't hardly wait to use it there to see what kind of goodies I find.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome t-man! :hello:I to debated between the at-pro and the Minelab xterra 705. I got a great deal on the 705 so I went with that. Both are AWESOME machines! I love my 705 and you will to!

OP
OP
T

t-man

Mar 5, 2013
walla walla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome t-man! :hello:I to debated between the at-pro and the Minelab xterra 705. I got a great deal on the 705 so I went with that. Both are AWESOME machines! I love my 705 and you will to!

Thanks dieselram94,my father in law showed up last night and this morning we went for a hunt , we both did really well, he went one direction I went the other ,we looked at each other like game on buddy even though we are both rookies at MD we have a blast just finding quarters, pennies , and everything in between. but I must say that i was impressed when I passed over the same stretch of grass as my father in law and was able to dig 2 more coins, he said I was lucky , I just smiled and said I love my x-terra lol.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks dieselram94,my father in law showed up last night and this morning we went for a hunt , we both did really well, he went one direction I went the other ,we looked at each other like game on buddy even though we are both rookies at MD we have a blast just finding quarters, pennies , and everything in between. but I must say that i was impressed when I passed over the same stretch of grass as my father in law and was able to dig 2 more coins, he said I was lucky , I just smiled and said I love my x-terra lol.
Could have been luck but I think the xterra is a superior machine in every way except waterproofing. That was the main reason I considered the at pro.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Both are exellent machines though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread