Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello guys, I finally got my first metal detector (Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202) and have been metal detecting for three days. This metal detector is great. It is very sensitive. I have found small items up to about 10 inches deep.The discrimination mode works great (I have lots of rocks with traces of iron with them so I discriminate iron).The Idem ID works great. Every zinc penny I got today showed up on the item ID as zinc pennys. The dime I found today showed up as a dime. Note, Copper pennys (pre 1982) show up as dimes. I have not found any really notable finds yet but I'm almost sure I will. For Two 3/4 days I have metal detected in my trashy backyard with got 6 inches of dirt added and beer cans and nails everywhere. My house is atleast from the 1880s but the only thing I found from that age is a metal badge that says patent ND palmyra PA. and on the back ANDY GAP. I have also found a hot wheels car from 1975. Today for a 45 mins I went to the elementary school built in the 1950s and on the same street the middle school built in the 1950s. I went to the back of the schools 1/2 mile field and found a bottle cap and a thing I have no idea what it is. However my about 30 mins at the elementary school gave me a steel thing. A 1990 dime, A 1990 penny, a 2008 penny, A dateless zinc penny, and a beautiful 1959 D penny in XF you can see almost every detail on the 1959 D penny. The 1959 D penny had a little bit of green
coating on the obverse fields which I could clean almost all of it and leave a chocolate brown color. This coin was down about 6 inches.I could not metal detect on about half of the place because of pipes and underground electrical line interfering with my metal detector. Tomorrow I'm going to the elementary school that was remodeled in about 1900 and is still in use. I will report with my finds tomorrow.

Good Luck Detecting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

buttedigger

Mar 31, 2013
Butte, MT
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO /Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used the Bounty Hunter 202 for over 9 years now. It usually rides in the truck as a backup or something I can toss in just to have when I am not planning a serious hunt. I actually had my mother out with me in my yard using it and to my amazement she recovered a copper brooch or something that I was able to clean up pretty nice. View attachment 773452
Brooch.jpg

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello guys, I finally got my first metal detector (Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202) and have been metal detecting for three days. This metal detector is great. It is very sensitive. I have found small items up to about 10 inches deep.The discrimination mode works great (I have lots of rocks with traces of iron with them so I discriminate iron).The Idem ID works great. Every zinc penny I got today showed up on the item ID as zinc pennys. The dime I found today showed up as a dime. Note, Copper pennys (pre 1982) show up as dimes. I have not found any really notable finds yet but I'm almost sure I will. For Two 3/4 days I have metal detected in my trashy backyard with got 6 inches of dirt added and beer cans and nails everywhere. My house is atleast from the 1880s but the only thing I found from that age is a metal badge that says patent ND palmyra PA. and on the back ANDY GAP. I have also found a hot wheels car from 1975. Today for a 45 mins I went to the elementary school built in the 1950s and on the same street the middle school built in the 1950s. I went to the back of the schools 1/2 mile field and found a bottle cap and a thing I have no idea what it is. However my about 30 mins at the elementary school gave me a steel thing. A 1990 dime, A 1990 penny, a 2008 penny, A dateless zinc penny, and a beautiful 1959 D penny in XF you can see almost every detail on the 1959 D penny. The 1959 D penny had a little bit of green
coating on the obverse fields which I could clean almost all of it and leave a chocolate brown color. This coin was down about 6 inches.I could not metal detect on about half of the place because of pipes and underground electrical line interfering with my metal detector. Tomorrow I'm going to the elementary school that was remodeled in about 1900 and is still in use. I will report with my finds tomorrow.

Good Luck Detecting!

In four days I get more than 30 coins

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have a B. H. 202. If you are having fun then keep going. Thats what its all about.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
UPDATE: This is one of my first posts on TreasureNet, 2 months into my second year of detecting I have found many colonial buttons, colonial coins (Oldest being 1723), musket balls, wheat pennies, Buffalo Nickels, a coin with a mintage of 5,000. Just today I found three colonial buttons (one of them might be a pewter USA Continental army button), and a colonial brass shoe buckle. But, during my first year I rarely found anything decent after finding an 100 year old silver pocket spill. I have gone though a few metal detectors, and am currently using a Tecknetics T2 SE. It is amazing to see how far I have gone in a year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread