Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my first md in Feb. I am old but always wanted to get into it. Had a beach vac scheduled when my wife dragged me down with a triple bypass and I had to cancel vac. Since then I have been out in my yard on warm days about 3 times. I have so far only accomplished the task of removing about 7 pieces of useless metal from my yard. So I got that going for me. Thinking of calling myself a ' soil purifier' instead of a mder. But I will not give in, I will keep on keeping on till I find all there is to find. Star date 472013

Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great! 30.00 worth of old coins and the mrs. can keep you busy for hours.:laughing7: i jest.
Keep track of your firsts, they,re waiting for you. H.H.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Were the useless pieces of metal spikes from your Manolo Blahnik's?

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
have yet to research them, if my camera worked I'd post pics

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"soil purifier",
The items you found in your yard are not useless, they are preparing you for detecting outside of your property! You are at least practicing with your machine in friendly territory, once you've cleared it of the 'practice targets' the better things will be waiting for you. Keep trying!.............63bkpkr

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn Jeff you got beautiful.

Hope your wife is doing better.

Every hunt, even in your yard has the potential to produce a keeper. Plus you are learning to cut and replace plugs...a priceless skill. If you get bored with the yard go hit a school yard. Indy Parks are hit and miss as far as being good places to hunt. So many of them have so much trash, it would take a couple of years to dig all that out before having a ghost of a chance of finding good stuff. Some are okay, but you'll have to find em.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"soil purifier",
The items you found in your yard are not useless, they are preparing you for detecting outside of your property! You are at least practicing with your machine in friendly territory, once you've cleared it of the 'practice targets' the better things will be waiting for you. Keep trying!.............63bkpkr

thanks, at least in my own yard I can md nude

H

Holly_squirrel

Good Lord, who had the bypass? Couldn't decipher that. Hope whoever it is is doing well now. I've done the majority of detecting in my own yard too. Lucky for me, I think , my yard was the dump for the old farm next to me. I get so excited when I see that orange streak in the soil, from a piece of iron... And then pissed off cause I dug a 10 inch by inch hole in my yard for a nail..
I've seen so many times people suggest detecting at school yards... I think if you did that around here the swat team would Take you out.. They are paranoid about people being anywhere near school grounds... After hours included.. Rightfully so . But what would one find at a school yard of any worth besides loose change. A zipper tab, a barrette , a retainer, a tin jangle bracelet...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy, Jeff.... make-up sure does wonders for you! The great part of digging your own yard is hidden in the thread headline.... Begginers Log. You have all the time in the world. Log it! Write it down. Using a log, you can test different techniques on the same target without worry that it will be taken by someone else. Oh, uh, can you tell me, Jeff.... should I use Passionate Pink or Chilly Cherry lipstick when in dress blues? TTC

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy, Jeff.... make-up sure does wonders for you! The great part of digging your own yard is hidden in the thread headline.... Begginers Log. You have all the time in the world. Log it! Write it down. Using a log, you can test different techniques on the same target without worry that it will be taken by someone else. Oh, uh, can you tell me, Jeff.... should I use Passionate Pink or Chilly Cherry lipstick when in dress blues? TTC
rolmbo

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,
Chilly Cherry as it will do wonders to bring out the color of your eyes! Don't go through Berkeley that way though!!.................63kpkr

Me, I use clear chapstick as my eyes are bright enough as it is and the sun glare off the top of my head is enough to keep people from noticing anything else about me.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the new Avatar Jeff! :icon_thumleft:

Did you notice that I changed mine to the real me?

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

~rolls eyes~ Dress Blues require clear cherry you silly boy.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Lord, who had the bypass? Couldn't decipher that. Hope whoever it is is doing well now. I've done the majority of detecting in my own yard too. Lucky for me, I think , my yard was the dump for the old farm next to me. I get so excited when I see that orange streak in the soil, from a piece of iron... And then pissed off cause I dug a 10 inch by inch hole in my yard for a nail..
I've seen so many times people suggest detecting at school yards... I think if you did that around here the swat team would Take you out.. They are paranoid about people being anywhere near school grounds... After hours included.. Rightfully so . But what would one find at a school yard of any worth besides loose change. A zipper tab, a barrette , a retainer, a tin jangle bracelet...

< resisting using your own line on you.
But i thought the line "my wife dragged me down" showed it was she who had the bypasses. Thanks, she is getting slowly better. My place only seems to be an old farm field. I only wish I could find the stuff you do. I find bolts and such. ( is it true you are a country singing star posing as a housewife?)

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the new Avatar Jeff! :icon_thumleft:

Did you notice that I changed mine to the real me?

yeah I did, unless you are a rock star go back to the female. You'll get more visits

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oops silly me! almost forgot today's find. The farmer plowed my field and I took a walk around and found a crescent moon shaped piece from an old disc.
Not quite the stuff Holly finds, but oh well. Maybe after a good rain i can find an arrowhead.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, cannot imagine it has been so long since I logged in.
Today searched more in my yard. First I got a solid nickle hit. found a nut and bolt.
Then... wait for it, I found a first!!
My first real life pull tab!! whheeeeeeeeeeeee
I expect to be rolling in the money soon, certainly my first silver coin is near?

BHNugget

Aug 8, 2009
Western,SD
Detector(s) used
ETrac/X1
Sovereign GT/S1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But what would one find at a school yard of any worth besides loose change. A zipper tab, a barrette , a retainer, a tin jangle bracelet...

If the school is old enough, they can be good for silver coins. When I hunt schools, particularly older high schools, I have one target in mind if it isn't in the deep silver signal range........class rings (gotta have a Hamid type mindset :laughing7:)

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the school is old enough, they can be good for silver coins. When I hunt schools, particularly older high schools, I have one target in mind if it isn't in the deep silver signal range........class rings (gotta have a Hamid type mindset :laughing7:)

Most of the OLD high schools by me are now the elementary schools.
Even mother government does hand me downs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread