Just wondering what everyone carries while MDing.

killerclown

Mar 24, 2013
Amelia Island Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Just wondering what everyone carries while MD'ing.

Me personally....I carry an Eddie Bauer bag...in it.....I keep my cell and tablet(if I need to look up anything) camera, lunch keys ipod, headphones, multi tool, cigarettes and water. Hanging On the straps is my pin pointer, digging tool and SOG combat knife ( I don't like stuff hanging off my belt). On me I carry my wallet, pocket knife, and my Sig P220. ( lots of weird people where I go)

Upvote 0

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't carry anything, including a detector. That's what personal valets are for :icon_thumright: :tongue3:
LOL! The wife claims she is my personal valet! So I responded by saying better than an indentured servant! LOL! just kidding.

thumper7813

Mar 31, 2013
kelso wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter / White's Coin master GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my 40 cal "S&W" and 20 rounds backpack with my man purse, water blater in my backpack for drinking, gel knee pads my digging tools a military folding shovel, my coinmaster GT and my HF pinpointer........

H

Holly_squirrel

Wyomingmedic said:
I'm a big ass dude (6'5", 250lbs with an athletic build). Plus I'm a cowboy covered in scars and apparently have a look that my wife calls my "FU eyes". I rarely if ever have anybody approach me. Sad thing is, I'm actually a really nice feller LOL. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Anyway, I do carry a pistol. Have since I was 7 or 8 years old.

Also carry the CTX3030 with headphones.

Goodie bag

pinpointer

Digger tool

Gloves and hankie to catch dirt

In my truck I have water, food, more guns, bandaids, etc. I like to be light weight and able to move quickly.

WM

I look like a ***** and really I am. And people still approach me... Lol .. Kidding, I look more like a whipped dog with my tail between my legs when I detect in front if people .... I feel like I'm doing something wrong... Lol... I really don't know why.. Cause I'm not. I get all weirded out if people look at me.... I'm a charmer in person .... I stutter over my words and brain fart when approached While detecting

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I look like a ***** and really I am. And people still approach me... Lol .. Kidding, I look more like a whipped dog with my tail between my legs when I detect in front if people .... I feel like I'm doing something wrong... Lol... I really don't know why.. Cause I'm not. I get all weirded out if people look at me.... I'm a charmer in person .... I stutter over my words and brain fart when approached While detecting
You must work on that Holly, it screams make me a victim...

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry my Kellyco gator digger, a short handled trench shovel, a thin screwdriver for poking and cleaning dirt out of stuff, a Garret pinpointer (makes locating things so much easier), a bottle of water for cleaning coins, paper towels for cleaning, and a small plastic bottle to put coins in. I carry all this on a belt, or in a leather carpenters type tool/nail hip-bag. I also carry my cell and, if in rougher areas, my Kel-Tech .380 (which I am licensed to carry).

Forgot to mention that my carpenters bag is by Vera Wang.... :)

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made me chuckle. Love that line.

This is Wyoming after all.

My sidearm is just so that I can fight my way to a REAL weapon LOL.

Okay, maybe I jest, but aside from carrying a handgun since I was a child, I've been strapping rifles to my bicycles/go-karts/4 wheelers for just as long.

WM

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
dont forget the six pack (not in parks).

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me personally....I carry an Eddie Bauer bag...in it.....I keep my cell and tablet(if I need to look up anything) camera, lunch keys ipod, headphones, multi tool, cigarettes and water. Hanging On the straps is my pin pointer, digging tool and SOG combat knife ( I don't like stuff hanging off my belt). On me I carry my wallet, pocket knife, and my Sig P220. ( lots of weird people where I go)
All of the above plus extra batteries for everything and depending on where I'm hunting and the time of year, wetsuit, hood, booties, gloves, bug spray, and sunscreen.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I rock a leather carpenter's pouch and belt.
LYBwhZf.jpg

I use the hammer holder loop to hold my digging tool which is simply a fiskars brand transplanter. Very sturdy tool for about 10 bucks.
I carry a flat screwdriver and the fisher pinpointer which both fit snugly in the screwdriver slots of the leather pouch. The slot also helps keep the pinpointer clean by wiping it off when you push it back into the pouch. I have a rubber utility mat that I have cut a 14"x8" section from. I use this to kneel on it keeps my pants clean and dry while offering a little cushion. Just roll it up and toss it in the pouch between holes. I also carry a jeweler's glass and a small spray bottle of insect repellant. The ice-breakers mint container has been re-purposed to hold coins and other small finds I don't want to lose before the hunt is over. Anything bigger that is found can go in one of the 3 sections of the pouch. I designate the biggest section for dug trash and my knee mat. The smallest section perfectly houses the small sniper coil for my detector in case I get into a trashy area. Lots of room for gloves, sunscreen, granola bars whatever. The pouch also serves to keep all my gear in one place, just grab it and my detector and I am out the door.

I'm relatively new to MD'ing but I have already found myself looking for ways to increase productivity. My setup allows me to find a target, dig it, put my stuff away, grab my detector and head to the next signal without bending over or kneeling down twice.

OP
OP
killerclown

killerclown

Mar 24, 2013
Amelia Island Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I rock a leather carpenter's pouch and belt.
View attachment 774716

I use the hammer holder loop to hold my digging tool which is simply a fiskars brand transplanter. Very sturdy tool for about 10 bucks.
I carry a flat screwdriver and the fisher pinpointer which both fit snugly in the screwdriver slots of the leather pouch. The slot also helps keep the pinpointer clean by wiping it off when you push it back into the pouch. I have a rubber utility mat that I have cut a 14"x8" section from. I use this to kneel on it keeps my pants clean and dry while offering a little cushion. Just roll it up and toss it in the pouch between holes. I also carry a jeweler's glass and a small spray bottle of insect repellant. The ice-breakers mint container has been re-purposed to hold coins and other small finds I don't want to lose before the hunt is over. Anything bigger that is found can go in one of the 3 sections of the pouch. I designate the biggest section for dug trash and my knee mat. The smallest section perfectly houses the small sniper coil for my detector in case I get into a trashy area. Lots of room for gloves, sunscreen, granola bars whatever. The pouch also serves to keep all my gear in one place, just grab it and my detector and I am out the door.

I'm relatively new to MD'ing but I have already found myself looking for ways to increase productivity. My setup allows me to find a target, dig it, put my stuff away, grab my detector and head to the next signal without bending over or kneeling down twice.

Nice setup!!!!! I dig it!( see what I did there)

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry a Springfield XDS. Unfortunately I have to leave it at the car when I hunt at schools because of wacky state laws.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red And I hunt together, If i don't see you walking Up Red will Hear you trust Me!!! Im tune in to her Voice and Have Seen her pointing Her Lesch digger at More than 1 Guy The She Has Me As Back up 6' 4" 240 pounds Of Attitued!!! Dont Mess with the redhead she Has Backup not just me or the Digger!!! Attitued and Actions Help!!! Chug

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry my pro pointer and my gator digging tool, a bandanna and my wireless headphones that are awesome by the way. I keep my S&W .40 in the truck, I am pretty fast on my feet, between my digger and detector and my feet I will make it to my truck. I have a lasermax on my .40

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions