Just wondering what everyone carries while MDing.

killerclown

Mar 24, 2013
Amelia Island Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Just wondering what everyone carries while MD'ing.

Me personally....I carry an Eddie Bauer bag...in it.....I keep my cell and tablet(if I need to look up anything) camera, lunch keys ipod, headphones, multi tool, cigarettes and water. Hanging On the straps is my pin pointer, digging tool and SOG combat knife ( I don't like stuff hanging off my belt). On me I carry my wallet, pocket knife, and my Sig P220. ( lots of weird people where I go)

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2013
Yuma, Az
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glock .40, 2 extra clips, for the snakes and the 2 legged snakes, digging tool, SOG, water, GPS (in case I find a good gold spot)

H

Holly_squirrel

I carry a switchblade when detecting alone.... I wouldn't be against carrying a gun... But my only experience shooting one was bad.... So I'm slightly traumatized by it. Plus I got kids and wouldn't want a loaded gun in my bag..
Lol, at the Eddie Bauer bag

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry my Kellyco gator digger, a short handled trench shovel, a thin screwdriver for poking and cleaning dirt out of stuff, a Garret pinpointer (makes locating things so much easier), a bottle of water for cleaning coins, paper towels for cleaning, and a small plastic bottle to put coins in. I carry all this on a belt, or in a leather carpenters type tool/nail hip-bag. I also carry my cell and, if in rougher areas, my Kel-Tech .380 (which I am licensed to carry).

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Swithblaldes ,guns! Do you plan to stab the Indian head penny you just detected after you shoot it! For my kind of detecting I bring as little as possible.

H

Holly_squirrel

Escape said:
Swithblaldes ,guns! Do you plan to stab the Indian head penny you just detected after you shoot it! For my kind of detecting I bring as little as possible.

Apparently your not a women hunting in remote locations alone. I plan on getting me some mace too.. Lol

OP
OP
killerclown

killerclown

Mar 24, 2013
Amelia Island Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Where I live when someone sees you out detecting they automatically think you have something worth stealing.....if your alone...they may want to take it with force....I carry so I can take it back.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where I live when someone sees you out detecting they automatically think you have something worth stealing.....if your alone...they may want to take it with force....I carry so I can take it back.

Exactly! Not to mention the snakes, bears, coyotes, etc...

H

Holly_squirrel

killerclown said:
But my wife says it looks great on me! Lmao!!!!

Do you also wear these Eddie Bauer shoes when detecting?

image-2568450768.jpg

Lol, teasing. Nothing wrong with a man purse... Lol . Where I come from if people see me out with a detector, they assume I'm a nerd... And they'd be right ;)

OP
OP
killerclown

killerclown

Mar 24, 2013
Amelia Island Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Do you also wear these Eddie Bauer shoes when detecting?

View attachment 774307

Lol, teasing. Nothing wrong with a man purse... Lol . Where I come from if people see me out with a detector, they assume I'm a nerd... And they'd be right ;)

For real I laughed out loud....people over here looking at me. Lol damn it.......MIND YO BUSINESS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! OK cool....lol.

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a big ass dude (6'5", 250lbs with an athletic build). Plus I'm a cowboy covered in scars and apparently have a look that my wife calls my "FU eyes". I rarely if ever have anybody approach me. Sad thing is, I'm actually a really nice feller LOL. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Anyway, I do carry a pistol. Have since I was 7 or 8 years old.

Also carry the CTX3030 with headphones.

Goodie bag

pinpointer

Digger tool

Gloves and hankie to catch dirt

In my truck I have water, food, more guns, bandaids, etc. I like to be light weight and able to move quickly.

WM

OP
OP
killerclown

killerclown

Mar 24, 2013
Amelia Island Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm a big ass dude (6'5", 250lbs with an athletic build). Plus I'm a cowboy covered in scars and apparently have a look that my wife calls my "FU eyes". I rarely if ever have anybody approach me. Sad thing is, I'm actually a really nice feller LOL. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Anyway, I do carry a pistol. Have since I was 7 or 8 years old.

Also carry the CTX3030 with headphones.

Goodie bag

pinpointer

Digger tool

Gloves and hankie to catch dirt

In my truck I have water, food, more guns, bandaids, etc. I like to be light weight and able to move quickly.

WM

Lol @more guns. My wife says I look like I'm doing something wrong when I'm out. Like im a criminal lol. I'm covered in tattoos and always wear shorts and t shirts. I'm 6 foot even 230lbs and former military build (been quite a few years) mixed with a beer workout :-) but sometimes younger (dumber) people want to see what they can get for nothing. Mostly when I'm alone and always when they are not.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't carry anything, including a detector. That's what personal valets are for :icon_thumright: :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread