BHNugget

Aug 8, 2009
Western,SD
Detector(s) used
ETrac/X1
Sovereign GT/S1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd hate to be without a sunray inline on any of my detectors. It would be great if detector manufacturers would include an option for a built in inline probe on their machines straight from the control box which could eliminate the switch box like sunray uses.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I bought a vibraprobe several yrs ago after the local shop owner left me use one for several hunts. Then last summer I bought a slightly used f70 for $200- (still had original batteries in it). A few weeks later I helped my local shop owner for a day with some shop remodeling. He has helped me alot, so I refused being paid, until he offered me a sunray probe for the f70. I took it. I have used both the vibraprobe and the sunray alot, and I am very satisfied with both.
Except, when dumb old me forgets to flip the switch on the sunray back to 'detect' :-)

buttedigger

Mar 31, 2013
Butte, MT
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO /Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_20130412_222928_575.jpg IMG_20130412_222944_548.jpg GARRET PRO POINTER AND DIP IN PLASTI DIP JUST ABOVE THE LED ABOUT THREE TIMES TAKING 30 MINUTES IN BETWEEN EACH DIP. I BOUGHT THE BLACK TO KEEP ORIGINAL. PRESERVES THAT GREAT DEVICE WHEN USING FOR MODERATE DIGGING.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well it's a simple instrument for a simple job, that being locating a hard to distinguish target in a small hole. You really don't want it to pick up more than an inch away. Most pinpointers will do this job so it boils down to a choice based on shape, sound/vibration/visual indicator or the biggy, the large variation of cost. I, being older than most here, had another consideration that being modding. My hearing is fading so I wanted something I could add visual ID to. I have two pinpointers, a Whites Bullseye and a Cen Tec. I have spent 15 min on each adding a bright blue LED that lights when it detects a target. They both do a great job. Note, the pro pointer is just about impossible to mod. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread