question on fishing holes

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many people here detect fresh water fishing sites? I have a good lake that has been fished for a little while. Tried detecting some of the fishing sites and pulled s lot of lead, hooks, lures, etc. anyone ever have luck pulling coins, etc or are these just junk sites to be avoided. Any thoughts appreciated.

Upvote 0

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've detected a few. Lot of lead weights and other misc fishing gear. Although, i've found coins on the path leading to the fishing hole and some about 10' before you get to the shoreline. Some fishing holes are also swimming holes so the potential is there.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If it's strictly (or "primarily") fishing, then that bodes for a lot of lead junk (fishing weight cr*p), junk, wire, hooks, etc.... The better water-bodies for md'ing will always be where swimming, sunbathing, and frolicking go on. But.... yes, I've found coins at swimming lakes where no swimming or picnicking type recreation went on.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Majority and more than expected of coins from parking area. Hard not to start at waterline though. A find turns up on occasion making it interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread